Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Hey SoScared, good to see you're still kicking :) Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll do this on a regular basis from now on with 1-2 videos a week
(working as a teacher and have a lot of travel plans over the summer holidays, but I'll just try to preproduce for when I'm not in town).
I liked the game, it's incredibly rare to see combat drops, especially well-executed ones.
Taking a look at Newwes game next, although I'm 100% positive that I'll butcher your name ;)
Mo, thanks but I'll focus on the current release for now. I'll keep them anyway, there might come a time when I'm going over the older releases!

newwe

Post by newwe »

FiveAces wrote: Hey SoScared, good to see you're still kicking :) Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll do this on a regular basis from now on with 1-2 videos a week
(working as a teacher and have a lot of travel plans over the summer holidays, but I'll just try to preproduce for when I'm not in town).
I liked the game, it's incredibly rare to see combat drops, especially well-executed ones.
Taking a look at Newwes game next, although I'm 100% positive that I'll butcher your name ;)
Mo, thanks but I'll focus on the current release for now. I'll keep them anyway, there might come a time when I'm going over the older releases!
There is no wrong way to pronounce it so you're good. Looking forward to more vids!

Mo

Post by Mo »

FiveAces wrote: Hey SoScared, good to see you're still kicking :) Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll do this on a regular basis from now on with 1-2 videos a week
Hey,that's fair enough, hope you enjoy. (Oops, didn't see that first condition about new release aha) :)

I don't want to spam you, I have another game where a team member surrendered after being hit by an arty or 2. No enemy went for atom maybe thinking we'd be done conventionally and maybe some decent micro? I reckon better players would have had us maybe but still interesting.

I've put the game titled "Not quitting battling it out" in the same folder as the previous post if you're interested :)

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Hey hey people!
Second cast going live right now, have fun and don't forget to post your replays here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRFIvZ3hqE

Having a ton of fun making those; this particular match was definitely not played on a high level, but damn was it entertaining to watch Ofek play SimCity!
Thanks to Materia for posting the replay at gamereplays.org!

Newwe, I wanted to cast your replay but unfortunately i had an unknown error kick me out of the client whenever I tried to get it started. Will try again next week.

Mo, thanks and I'll have a look at it in one of the upcoming episodes.

AOAGeneral: You're suffering from Shock Trooper Syndrom, I take it? 8)

PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

Another very entertaining cast! :D

"When you build one silo, it's a tragedy. When you build a million, it's a statistic" - Joseph Stalin

newwe

Post by newwe »

FiveAces wrote: Hey hey people!
Second cast going live right now, have fun and don't forget to post your replays here!

Having a ton of fun making those; this particular match was definitely not played on a high level, but damn was it entertaining to watch Ofek play SimCity!

Newwe, I wanted to cast your replay but unfortunately i had an unknown error kick me out of the client whenever I tried to get it started. Will try again next week.

No problem, I guess try re-downloading, you have the map right (segregation)? If it doesn't work it won't be a travesty anyway, I've had the same problem with some replays I've downloaded for some reason. Checking out the cast now.

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

Fantastic job, FiveAces! Really entertaining screencasts, thanks!

I noticed that you have this poster in your room http://www.90is.ru/upload/iblock/c62/c6 ... b5918f.jpg

Where did you get it? :)

I was also curious about your accent. I forgot, where are you from? :)

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Thanks for the feedback, guys!
Kyrylo, I am from Austria, but I had a Russian girlfriend for the longest time, so I have a bunch of those vintage Soviet posters decorating my walls
(you know the "Njet" poster with the guy refusing to take a shot? It's right next to my minibar 8) ). You are Russian if I remember correctly?

I remember you being a good player, so if you'd like to contribute by posting good replays here, I'd be very happy!

yellow (theRaffy)

Pro tip watch Five Aves casts :D

Post by yellow (theRaffy) »

Hey,
I just found your casts. I enjoyed them alot. Was rly entertaining. Fun fact i skipped the fist seconds and didn't know who you are, and just noticed that you must also be a very good skilled player. Means I was guessing what player could fit to your level of castskill. And hey I had no clue that it was you. fiveAves :D btw. very clear analytics, good and funny comments. Looks like you also have pro skill in casting.

btw, what I'm currently doing https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/8687

;D

greetings yellow

raymundo

Post by raymundo »

Hey FiveAces, thanks for casting I've enjoyed watching them! Here is a replay from last night between Chamberlain and I on tournament island. It is a long one at 45 mins, so maybe watch it first to see if its worth casting.
Attachments
Chamberlain Vs. Raymundo 7-24-15.orarep.zip
replay
(511.36 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

FiveAces wrote: Thanks for the feedback, guys!
Kyrylo, I am from Austria, but I had a Russian girlfriend for the longest time, so I have a bunch of those vintage Soviet posters decorating my walls
(you know the "Njet" poster with the guy refusing to take a shot? It's right next to my minibar 8) ).
Thanks, I remember now!
FiveAces wrote: You are Russian if I remember correctly?
I'm from Ukraine :P
FiveAces wrote: I remember you being a good player, so if you'd like to contribute by posting good replays here, I'd be very happy!
Thanks, but unfortunately I don't play anymore. Maybe sometime in the future I'll start playing again, but it's too time-consuming and I just started a new job :D

I will be watching your casts, though (I subscribed).

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

2v2 game on vegetation. I didn't play well but the ending is pretty interesting - well played Gatekeeper.

(Also I was talking to my teammate at the end who was talking in team chat - I forgot dead chat is global.)
Attachments
OpenRA-2015-07-25T090525Z.orarep.zip
(661.04 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Props to Ray and Reach for posting these, they're definitely going to take up a high priority spot on the to-cast list!
More to come around next Wed/Thu, starting with Ray vs Chamberlain.
Yellow, really looking forward to the weather effects, they're something I've wanted ever since I played the original game way back when :)
Too bad you retired Kyrylo, seeing as you are one of the 2 players I have a negative 1v1 track record against ;) I still want a rematch some day!

Mo

Post by Mo »

FiveAces wrote: Hey hey people!

Cool stuff, really enjoyed that cast as well! loving your take on things and the surprises that come, and that commentary had me in pieces XD

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Good morning internet!

Third cast going live any moment now, this time sporting 45 minutes of high-level gameplay featuring Raymundo and Chamberlain.

Relentless aggression and ferocious counterattacks, a real war of attrition and clutch IC timings make this the best game I've casted so far.

http://youtu.be/FsjeryjbsxE

I'm going to be on a sailing trip in Croatia starting from Sat, so I have a preproduced episode up my sleeve for the upcoming week.
Let's hope I figure out how to command youtube to release it in time.

Have fun guys, and if you'd like to contribute, please consider posting your best replays here!