Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
avonacolyte

Re: Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Post by avonacolyte »

I would if I could, but I stopped speccing after lagging once and watched the stream instead. Maybe JSG or another participant will see this and won't mind sharing them with you.

Thanks for all the RA content you do, I'm a huge fan!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #416: FazzarX versus Anjew:

Forget the Emu Wars... Here Comes the APC Assault!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #417: Fazzar versus Creo - The Wunderkind Wars!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #418: RATL Finals! Orb & Blackened versus Master & Fazzar Part II - The Missing Match!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Moving on the the Playoffs: OpenRA Shoutcast #419: RAGL Playoffs! Fazzar versus Kav - Only One Way to Resolve the Three-Way Tie: Into the Thunderdome!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #420: RAGL Playoffs! Fazzar versus Kav Part II - The Missing Missing Playoffs!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #421: Playoffs! Creo versus Blackened - Shock and Awe!

Fortnight

Post by Fortnight »

Hello FiveAces, I'm the guy that made RedAlertOverhaul back in early 2017. You, SoScared, Moz, Blackened, and John86 (+a little bit of Orb) did a stream of it once. Here's a link to the old thread: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19940

Just popped in to say thank you for doing your shoutcasts, I've watched many of your RA videos over the years. I can't help but wonder where OpenRA would be without them, because not only do you bring in some new players here and there but I'm sure your commentary also motivates some of the advanced players to keep playing. Just want you to know that your efforts are very much appreciated even if your videos don't get thousands of views each!

Several months ago you asked if (or rather, why) people prefer to watch RA over TD and personally I prefer to watch the RA videos because the gameplay has a heavy focus on infantry (even if I still think Rocket Soldiers are unbalanced compared to units with prerequisites, with total cost/time taken into account). It's nice to see swarms of soldiers running around and you can really feel the impact of a good V2/Artillery shot. A good Tanya run is very enjoyable. I like RA more despite the fact that I played TD first as a kid and have more childhood gaming memories from TD. I think in general the WW2-era "East vs West" theme of RA lands with more people, and who doesn't like Tesla Coils and the addition of aeroplane units? (I miss the 3 plane Parabombs, 1 just doesn't look as cool.) What I dislike most about TD is when Buggy+ReconBike blobs zip around on the map. It feels random who wins when two blobs of vehicles meet. Also the constant presence of Nod's Airstrip-plane gets annoying, especially if there are several Nod players. I wonder how many players would turn it off completely if there was such a checkbox setting? A setting to just not render the Airstrip-plane I mean, such a thing would certainly be useful for casters if nothing else.

I don't have much more to say but I can mention that I'm not too fond of the remastered graphics, some of it is due to nostalgia for sure but I think the updated sprites are too... clean? Especially Red Alert's tanks. Cliffs and buildings look fine though. If/when RA implements the new graphics maybe you could have some kind of poll before switching over to them so that you don't lose the interest of some viewers just because of the new sprites. When you're zoomed out during casting it isn't so noticeable so maybe it's no big deal.

Congratulations on becoming a father, btw! Hope you find time to keep casting for many more years.

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Fortnight wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:06 am
Hello FiveAces, I'm the guy that made RedAlertOverhaul back in early 2017. You, SoScared, Moz, Blackened, and John86 (+a little bit of Orb) did a stream of it once. Here's a link to the old thread: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=19940

Just popped in to say thank you for doing your shoutcasts, I've watched many of your RA videos over the years. I can't help but wonder where OpenRA would be without them, because not only do you bring in some new players here and there but I'm sure your commentary also motivates some of the advanced players to keep playing. Just want you to know that your efforts are very much appreciated even if your videos don't get thousands of views each!

Several months ago you asked if (or rather, why) people prefer to watch RA over TD and personally I prefer to watch the RA videos because the gameplay has a heavy focus on infantry (even if I still think Rocket Soldiers are unbalanced compared to units with prerequisites, with total cost/time taken into account). It's nice to see swarms of soldiers running around and you can really feel the impact of a good V2/Artillery shot. A good Tanya run is very enjoyable. I like RA more despite the fact that I played TD first as a kid and have more childhood gaming memories from TD. I think in general the WW2-era "East vs West" theme of RA lands with more people, and who doesn't like Tesla Coils and the addition of aeroplane units? (I miss the 3 plane Parabombs, 1 just doesn't look as cool.) What I dislike most about TD is when Buggy+ReconBike blobs zip around on the map. It feels random who wins when two blobs of vehicles meet. Also the constant presence of Nod's Airstrip-plane gets annoying, especially if there are several Nod players. I wonder how many players would turn it off completely if there was such a checkbox setting? A setting to just not render the Airstrip-plane I mean, such a thing would certainly be useful for casters if nothing else.

I don't have much more to say but I can mention that I'm not too fond of the remastered graphics, some of it is due to nostalgia for sure but I think the updated sprites are too... clean? Especially Red Alert's tanks. Cliffs and buildings look fine though. If/when RA implements the new graphics maybe you could have some kind of poll before switching over to them so that you don't lose the interest of some viewers just because of the new sprites. When you're zoomed out during casting it isn't so noticeable so maybe it's no big deal.

Congratulations on becoming a father, btw! Hope you find time to keep casting for many more years.
Thank you so much, my friend! It is always great to hear from long-standing community members. The community may be small and somewhat insular, but the fire has never quite died down and is still kindling on. I am indeed planning on casting for many more years to come, and as the kids will eventually start reaching a level of self-sufficiency, I plan on upping my time commitment into youtube once more :)

As for this week's cast, here's another leg of the Playoffs, wherein FazzarX and Unano are tying up some loose ends:

Cheers!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #423: RAGL Finals! Blackened versus Kav
This Week: Surprise Finals!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #424: Happy versus Milkman - New Season, Familiar Faces?

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #425: Mo versus Tux - Will the Admiral Sweep Away Tux, or has he Stranded on Stranger Shores?

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #426: Upps versus Anjew - Welcome to Light Tank Rush Hour!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #427: Kav versus Fazzar - Early Season Repeat of the Finals or Redemption Arc?

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

OpenRA Shoutcast #428: Upps versus Fazzar - Will Fazzar keep his clean track record against an unpredictable opponent?