Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
FiveAces

Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Post by FiveAces »

Hey hey people! 8)

Seeing as SoScared has apparently vanished without a trace, I'm going to try filling the void he left in the community by starting to cast replays and uploading them to youtube.

This is where you - yes, I am looking at you, dear reader (and dare I say you look dashing right now in your blue shirt?) - come into play:
Send me replays of your best game(s) and I'll shoutcast them if they are good!

The guidelines are as follows:

-The game should have been played on the newest release, since there is no backwards compatibility for older replays.

-I'll gladly accept 1v1s, teamgames or FFAs, but I won't cast Tox maps since they always end up in a clusterfuck.

-Off-meta games are highly appreciated, as the current meta tends to be a bit samey (looking at you, Hinds+AA+Artillery spammers!)

-Games should not be longer than 40 minutes, although I'll make exceptions for really good matchups with highly skilled players.

I'll post the link once the first match goes up; maybe there will be some live content in the future.
Currently trying to shoot for one cast per week (kind of a "replay of the week" - thing).
Thanks for participating!

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Hey FiveAces, good to hear someone is going to fill in for SoScared! Maybe you could link us to your Youtube channel?

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Indeed. These replays are from the previous release. There are some good/entertaining games for sure. I hope others will post single good games so that you dont have to seek through them... but if you need material: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mt1wegcfoquf ... s.rar?dl=0

r34ch

Re: Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Post by r34ch »

FiveAces wrote: Off-meta games are highly appreciated, as the current meta tends to be a bit samey (looking at you, Hinds+AA+Artillery spammers!)
I have a really good 1v1 vs sinfonia if they don't mind the upload?

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Reach, absolutely, I'd be happy to cast it!
Sinf and you are both experienced players, so it should be a great game.

Murto, I don't have any content on my channel as of yet.
I'll post the link once I get my first replay uploaded (which should happen somewhere in the range from Sunday to Wednesday)!

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

all of my matches are in the playtest due to current balance issues in Release 20150614

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

Well I can't see sinfonia in the user list so I guess I'll just upload it.
Attachments
sinfonia-vs-r34ch.zip
(211.95 KiB) Downloaded 1686 times

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Alright, first replay going live right now! Thanks to r3ach for posting this, was good fun!

Let me know what you think about it, and keep ' em coming if you'd like more shoutcasts!

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxOO6wqtG8M

PizzaAtomica

Post by PizzaAtomica »

Great match and excellent commentating!
Really liked how clearly you explained everything that was going on.

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

Yes, really nice commentating FiveAces! I too loved the explanations and hope to see many more casts like that in the future.

As for the replay itself it was poor game on my part but I thought the fake bases and early drops were executed so nicely that I just had to submit it. Well played sinfonia.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Yes, entertaining for sure! Good game, good commentary.

A tip for the casting: use the numbers to switch between views. It is entertaining to see what a player (doesnt) see. I believe 1-9 allows quick switching and 0 is everyone's view. Test is out. If used correctly it is especially fun with sneak attacks.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Really enjoyed your cast! Will make sure to send you any interesting replays in the future!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

I'm still alive:) I haven't given up this community yet and I'll have a little special something for you guys at the end of this summer;)

I'm very happy someone is picking up some regular casting. I've always looked to others in that regard as it is not really my thing. This cast was super good! I look forward for more. The new replay site should be of some good help.

newwe

Post by newwe »

Nice cast, kind of a meh game, I prefer bigger games as well if possible. Thanks Five!

Edit: Here's a decent 2v2 on segregation if you want to take a look (not a ton of off meta things though I don't think.) Saw that you didn't want to cast bigger games, kind of sucks but beggars can't be choosers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ws8b4nt28kc7 ... rarep?dl=0

Mo

Post by Mo »

Hey FiveAces :D

I've got 2 interesting games (at least for me) where they were a from a comeback sort of position. I would say I'm an alright player I guess.

One game is an FFA on the tiny map 3 players, and another was a 1 vs 1 on the double map version of your first YouTube showcase.

Both however are replays of the previous release 20150424.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wl8pc74lvlke ... q84wa?dl=0