Send me your replays and I'll cast them!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Just watched it, even though I already had seen the replays it was a well produced and entertaining watch!
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Hey hey people!

The FFA tournament Grand Finals are about to go down tonight at 03.00 am (UTC), and we managed to set up a livestream on youtube!

Join 5-times Kane Lookalike Contest winner SoScared and me in our coverage; an all-star slugfest and a neverending stream of bad puns included!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOoqwtmGO4

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

G'evening Ladies and Gentlemen!

Newest shoutcast going live right now, with a fierce match between NoobMapMaker and Zoolys on The Cataract, showing us the importance of checking your flanks.

http://youtu.be/cDJzbzOG_78

A really fun match with a plot twist by M. Night Shamyalan; I can see why this was so highly recommended. Thanks to NMM for posting this!

As always, post your replays here or on gamereplays.org if you wish to contribute to this series of shoutcasts, and thanks for your attention!

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

That was a fantastic game. Well executed by Zoolys =)

The map is huge, though. I wish it was smaller. That said the layout is awesome. I also wish it had less ore, so the expansion at 1 o'clock could be more useful.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Thanks for the cast! Slightly painfull to rewatch, but Im glad to offer an entertaining game.

It was unlucky that I didnt take out more tech buildings in the amphibious rush. Allthough I did take out alot of buildings the most essential ones remained allowing Zoolys to quite quickly rebuild. The demotruck could also have been better, but in both cases its easier when you see everything. I ofcourse didnt and had to make estimated guesses.

And as for the to early IC's... if I do the while attacking I allways only get 1 or 2 vehicles. So often the group responds to upcoming enemies, they split up and I end up IC'ing only one V2 and sending all others to their grave...

* edit: congrats on the promotion by gamereplays.org! Very nice and looking forward to the crazy casts you guys will make. (aaaand I dont want to announce it, but was there something mentioned about a $100,- tournament? *cough*)
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

noobmapmaker wrote: It was unlucky that I didnt take out more tech buildings in the amphibious rush.
I think the unluckiest thing was that even in the end of the game you had no clue where Zoolys' nuclear silo was :)

I guess a better strategy would've been sending 1 MCV with your huge army (or deploying it near the shore, silently), so you could fortify there and keep pushing or growing army after the main attack.

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Awesome plot twist by Zoolys, he´s a good player indeed. GG for both. Great replay. Cheers for FiveAces, keep up with the good casts! :D

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

@NoobMapMaker: In the end, I think it came down to you not getting more tech bildings out of your amphibious assault
(having a yak for another recon run would have won you the game right there, I think), but really entertaining match regardless!

Yep, there will be a tourney, most likely in late Oct or early Nov, but the details are yet tba
(I will provide a $ 100 prize pool to incentivise players to participate, that's a given; SoScared and me will get in touch with the devs about the when and how).

Thanks for the feedback, guys; newest cast going live right now, and it's going to be Yellow versus Raymundo, played on Yellows hometurf!

https://youtu.be/uqZxYdsSybg

As always, please consider posting your good replays here or on gamereplays.org if you wish to provide us with more entertaining material!

(On an unrelated note, the "Checkmate by Cheese) series will start next week :) )

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Hey, great cast as always! What format will the tournament be played in? 1v1, 2v2, 3v3? best of 1,3,5? And will maps be set before the tourney or will it be whatever the contestants choose on the day; or perhaps players will choose several maps from a map pool to play?

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Thanks Murto! The tourney details are still TBA, most of it just isn't planned out yet. I'm opting for a map pool, with players having one vote and one veto per round. As for all the other rules, we'll still have to talk to Clemb and Ripley, as they are the ones running the compo.openra.net tourney site.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Good stuff! Always love watching a great 1v1. Keep up the good work FIveAces :D Shame about the demo trucks Raymundo :p
Also, don't forget Tiberium Dawn :D

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Hi guys!
Today, I had the honor of of covering an amazing match between R34ch and V-Christian, and if it were to have a title, it would be GRAND THEFT PANZER!

One of the most hilarious games I've witnessed so far, definitely worth the watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1gCDCJ1oBE

Anjew, I've been getting more into TD as of late, so if I manage to get my hands on a good game, I might as well cast it! *wink wink nudge nudge*

As always, keep 'em coming, guys!

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Hello ladies and gents!

Uploading the latest cast; this time with a great 2v2 on Siberian Road,
featuring Amphy & Anjew versus Newwe and Damgam with a really good comeback!

https://youtu.be/Zya30227fD4

Also, I've recently dabbled in TIberian Dawn and happen to enjoy the game quite a lot,
so if you have a good TD replay, I'd greatly appreciate you posting it here!
(Looking into Anjews' and AOAGenerals' general direction *wink wink*)

(Checkmate By Cheese will be released as soon as I've shot the intro, didn't find the time to do so yet!)

newwe

Post by newwe »

Great cast as usual FiveAces, I definitely prefer watching more non-standard maps. Nice good strategy talk, moving an MCV at the start is very likely the way to go on this map.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Happy to make it into a FiveAces cast :D
Yeah, I'm not very experienced with the Red Alert mod as you can tell. Was a good game though, Newwe must have a sore back :p

ps. I'll try and get some good replays from the new release :)