One More Soviet Faction?

Because Allies have 3

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

Re: One More Soviet Faction?

Post by zinc »

Also one of the original missions (maybe in the expansion) had mammoth tanks that fired flame. I think the mission involved things being screwed up because of the consequences of some experiment?

But anyway, the mammoth flame tanks could be a good special unit for one faction to have, and they do technically qualify as an "original" part of the game I think. Just about.

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

I agree with what zinc said about mammoth tanks that shoot fireballs.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Any chance of "China" happening??

klaas

Post by klaas »

A china fraction with loads of flame tech could be fun. I would love flame tanks (preferably not a mammoth, maybe just as replacement for the heavy tank?).

And maybe badgers with napalm? With a bigger spread, and lower damage vs armor, but killing loads of infantry in a horrible fashion?

scorp

Post by scorp »

I think China doesn't fit into the "Soviet" theme. As a different main faction for a Special mod, okay, but as a subfaction it's unfitting.

If Russia and Ukraine are already being fragmented, then Kazakhstan, Belarus etc. could be fragmented as well if it's just about having another name for slightly different Unit selections.

Fahrrad

Post by Fahrrad »

what about Eastern Germany?

anjew

Post by anjew »

Could always using Libya as it was a faction in RA2 (it also had the demo tech)

epice

Post by epice »

zinc wrote: Also one of the original missions (maybe in the expansion) had mammoth tanks that fired flame. I think the mission involved things being screwed up because of the consequences of some experiment?

But anyway, the mammoth flame tanks could be a good special unit for one faction to have, and they do technically qualify as an "original" part of the game I think. Just about.
It was a messed up chronosphere doing it.

lazygecko

Post by lazygecko »

Maybe grenadiers that don't explode on death could be one interesting feature for a third sub-faction.