New maps: Inter Armas (2 players) and Dies Irae (2 players)

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Hey hey community!
Had some more spare time and decided to push out 2 new maps:

First up is Tabula Rasa (Blank Slate), a 2v2 map:

Comrade,
I have good news and bad news for you.

You want to hear the bad news first?

Well then...
The Central Committee is withdrawing you from your current mission to perform a special task.

This map shows an old testing ground in the Afghan desert. It was mostly used as a fuel jettisoning dump for our new supersonic MiG fighters.
With the Allies pushing in from Persia, we have to raze the site, leaving not a single piece of technology behind to fall into the hands of the Allied dogs.

You will personally see to it that it is scorched earth.

Tabula Rasa.

Oh, I almost forgot... The good news?

Comrade Iosif Vissarionovich will supervise this operation in person.

So go ahead, make his day.

This may be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, Tovarish...

Runner up: Terra Incognita (Uncharted Territory), a 1v1 map:

In 1908, the earth around Podkamennaya Tunguska was torn asunder by a massive explosion.
While most scientists agree that the most probable cause for this incident was the air burst of a comet impact, some locals still believe to have witnessed a weapon test.
A mere 50 years later, with the Allies' first decisive push into the Motherland, Gunter von Esling has sent an expeditionary force to deprive this Terra Incognita of its secrets...

Tried to go for a semi-symmetrical style that allows for a multitude of strategies and points of interest that have to be contested, so the maps favour early engages and map control instead of sitting it out. Had a bunch of good 2v2s on Tabula Rasa, but the replays got ruined by desynch. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
TerraIncognita.oramap
(8.53 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
TabulaRasa.oramap
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

r34ch

Post by r34ch »

Terra Incognita looks like an interesting map! I can see games ending with allies holding the upper part of the map and soviets the lower part. I also like how 'no mans land' is effectively an anti base crawling zone and how the oil derricks in the upper corners will be hard to defend.

I also like the low economy of your maps and the possible interesting strategies due to layout. Makes unit spam less of a factor and micro much more.

Personal preference perhaps, but I also like that there are less civilian structures and stuff on these new maps. I really liked your previous two but thought the civilian buildings (and creeps bases) took away from them a little.

Should be good to play!