Need help on the Open RA built in map editor

As the title says

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Would you want to have zombie missions for the OpenRA Red alert mod?(Note I translated into German too. The "What" option provided by google translate.)

Yes.
60%
NO.
20%
What? Where are you getting the zombies from/other questions(ask me below in the comment section)
No votes
Ja.
20%
NIEN.
No votes
Was? Wo sind Sie immer die Zombies aus/Fragen(fragen Sie mich unten in den Kommentaren)
No votes
Needs russian options/AKA Please let russian chars ACTUALLY be in these things without being converted into something like "10&31"
No votes

Total votes: 5

Missingno50

Need help on the Open RA built in map editor

Post by Missingno50 »

So, I cannot find any tutorials on how to use way points and cameras, so I would desperately like some help. I would also like to know how to configure something so say there's 3 units coming up, vs 2 stronger opponents, I would like to know how to set it so there's a way where TWO SPECIFIC UNITS fire at one opponent while the other fires at the other. Yours truly, the guy who's gonna bring zombie missions to the OpenRA Red alert mod.

Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

JAWOHL!
OpenRA Nicks :
- Everything with "Blueblood" inside
- Yuelang (when I speak Chinese, literally)

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...

Missingno50

SERIOUSLY HELP.

Post by Missingno50 »

Someone MAKE THIS NOT A WASTE OF MY TIME. I only joined to ask that question T_T
PS:What the F*CK is KEL?

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

BaronOfStuff

Re: Need help on the Open RA built in map editor

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Missingno50 wrote: I would also like to know how to configure something so say there's 3 units coming up, vs 2 stronger opponents, I would like to know how to set it so there's a way where TWO SPECIFIC UNITS fire at one opponent while the other fires at the other.
In this particular instance, set up the approach so that one target is moving closer to those TWO SPECIFIC UNITS, while the other target approaches the third a few seconds after. Hardly rocket science, it's the simplest method possible.
Yours truly, the guy who's gonna bring zombie missions to the OpenRA Red alert mod.
o rly

I hope you're actually thinking this one through and not just slapping them in because "lol zombies!". Missions based around pseudo-melee infantry enemies in a game where tanks and heavy vehicles are everywhere doesn't sound particularly interesting...

Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

BaronOfStuff wrote:
Missingno50 wrote: I would also like to know how to configure something so say there's 3 units coming up, vs 2 stronger opponents, I would like to know how to set it so there's a way where TWO SPECIFIC UNITS fire at one opponent while the other fires at the other.
In this particular instance, set up the approach so that one target is moving closer to those TWO SPECIFIC UNITS, while the other target approaches the third a few seconds after. Hardly rocket science, it's the simplest method possible.
Yours truly, the guy who's gonna bring zombie missions to the OpenRA Red alert mod.
o rly

I hope you're actually thinking this one through and not just slapping them in because "lol zombies!". Missions based around pseudo-melee infantry enemies in a game where tanks and heavy vehicles are everywhere doesn't sound particularly interesting...
The first thing is I guess correct?(EDIT: The reason for this is because originally I was planning America VS China. Or atleast... something. It may have been for a test map I was working on.)
HOWEVER the idea for the zombie missions is to have LIMITED RESOURCES AND TECH. Basically, instead of having a ton of tanks/other vehicles, your going to have to rely off of extremely low, if not INFANTRY, tech. You're suppose to play civilians with numbers that currently in the first map are at least 1 civilian unit AGAINST 3 zombies. If I counted correctly. The last mission, will contain 1 civilian unit against about 50 zombies. There. The man who's gonna do it has a reason now. Also, why there's unused zombies(Seriously they're not used ANYWHERE that I can find) is beyond me. I'm just trying to use them.
Edit:Also the reason for having civilians instead of soviets and allies is because the first mission involves you having to go back to the home village in a undisclosed location that has a lot of snow. I'm not going like:"LOL ZOMBIES!" but rather, "LOL ANTS! They're PRACTICALLY USELESS AND SERVE NO GOD DAMN USE." I may have some ant appearances for the zombie missions, like, only 1 per 5 missions or something like that, AND it will reference the funpark version for RA. I forgot what its called. So, from Dinosaurs, to Ants, to Zombies. Happy now?

Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

Scott_NZ wrote: I assume you don't know how to script maps at all yet, so start here:

https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Map-scripting
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/C ... player-map
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/C ... s-on-a-Map
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Lua-API

There's also examples in the existing mission maps.
Thanks mate. I'll hand over a specific mission in your name. Probably an EXTREMELY HARD MAP.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Missingno50 wrote: Seriously they're not used ANYWHERE that I can find
You can build them if you capture a "Biological Lab".