TD balance thread

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Re: TD balance thread

Post by 010010 »

What is the thing with 1v1s. Team game is 1v1 on different fronts. That first. And yes. Its fucking dumb we can spam on a bit more eco maps MLRS and AGTs. Support a bit with inf. and you cant engage it longer. That hugh sread damage from MLRS is raping armys. And i dont upload replays longer. This Engine is not able to use old replays or show it in older versions. I do only things what is instandly useable.

Mesacer

Post by Mesacer »

010010 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 pm
What is the thing with 1v1s. Team game is 1v1 on different fronts. That first. And yes. Its fucking dumb we can spam on a bit more eco maps MLRS and AGTs. Support a bit with inf. and you cant engage it longer. That hugh sread damage from MLRS is raping armys. And i dont upload replays longer. This Engine is not able to use old replays or show it in older versions. I do only things what is instandly useable.
So this was not played on the current build? Or i dont following your reasoning why you dont want to upload the replay.

Post by 010010 »

modded map is the replay basicly not working. Was in the last times the same.

Post by 010010 »

Oh wait also its all deleted. I dont safe Replays. You know how much space that cost and the files by reading it. Just try it yourself in midtime games. Start MLRS spam with AGTs. What is hard to try it.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Largest replay on file is 3.6mb. I don't see how that is large at all unless you are on a 1980s PC system. (Which isn't possible since ORA requires more then those types.)

For future reference, it would be a good idea to keep the replay files updated on deleting the older ones but keeping the newer ones incase situations like this arise.

In regards to the 1v1, its a very simple question. If you don't wish to answer it that is fine. But changing elements in a team game will effect 1v1 games in the long run. That is essentially what im pointing too. Games shouldn't be based solely on 3v3+ in balancing but closer to 1v1 and 2v2.

Post by 010010 »

So i had after over one half year a 1v1. Agains a guy who didnt now how much Tech 1 spam you can have.
The simple point is. I had faster Large Tech 1 army and no point to make tech 2 units. They dont make that much damage. And he had some Counter units. But they are coming to late. Units killing faster enemy units as you can make the counter unit.
Buildings have 100$ = 3s but same is for units. When it have for Units 100$ = 2s Buildtime you can make some counter units. Also when it comes to euqal player it is still block or lose. Is there any chance to dont have that? Same for the first C17 plane. It comes always to late and GDI Player is in the end 10 or 12s up. Means faster first Harv. Faster first Tank. Faster evreything in vehicleform.

Post by 010010 »

So again the point with Nod. Nod is completly behind agains GDI. The Faction for fast attacks have later units as GDI. 10s first C17 Delay is stupid. evrey unit from Nod is countered by Rifles. Means easy for GDI. Pure mtank and Rifle spam is dealing all. To have Chems and stanks you need much time and money. You will never have it.

It was a 2v2 this time. To counter make Barrack. Its not working. For towers is not enough money there.

Mesacer

Post by Mesacer »

Please post replays so we can analyze the games!

ZxGanon

Post by ZxGanon »

Never had any problems with T1 spam as Nod especially when you quick tech Light Tanks (which was the only way to counter old APC...well kind of).

Well than again the skill gap is what really matters since a win in TD is often decided by having one tank more than your opponent since units are much more leathal.

STUKAFK

Post by STUKAFK »

New 'deathscreams' suck, bring back the old ones

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

STUKAFK wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:12 pm
New 'deathscreams' suck, bring back the old ones
You are probably experiencing a bug with voices there. (We fortunately fixed it for the next playtest: OpenRA/OpenRA#15417)
Thanks for the report anyway. :)

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

Re-bumping this thread with the new release that has come out. This thread serves as a backlog of changes to reflect on and remember with past testings and ideas. The past ideas may also spark some new ideas in the process as well. Feel free to have a look through on some possible ideas.

For the current release, please list either issues, or ideas you would like to see implemented into TD. (Of course not something like flying mammoth tanks *cough* Insert Name) But any of the sort.

Also if there are questions on a certain build or seemingly hard coned wall you face up post your replays here!

Beans

Post by Beans »

I will be taking some time playing more and observing before making any recommendations, I welcome the re-opening of this thread.

AoAGeneral1

Post by AoAGeneral1 »

After about a month of testing I might have a solution to the AGT damage.

I am going to try and reduce its Area damage to eliminate its over all damage buff that they get when multiple are clumped together making them to strong.

Current spread number is 683.
Tested spread number is 283.

This allowed not only tanks to live longer but lighter vehicles and infantry as well. I can see some issues coming up with light vehicles being a bit stronger because of this. But will need to test that.

Before I make a map with this testing are there other changes that need testing? (Besides the Stealth Tank heavy armor suggestion as im already aware of that.)

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

Hello TD community, as you might have noticed,
i dont have the opportunity to play TD as much as i could back in the 2014,-15,-16', nevertheless i always agreed among most players during this period that the AGT is a major balance issue in TD (unfortunately other paths have been chosen as a workaround back then, anyways :)

working on the agts would be something i would fully support and would be interested in testing those ideas when i can gather time for that.

My guess ahead on this idea would be that a skilled player <edit: in competitive 1v1 palys/edit> will still be able to select its agt and focus fire the tanks while in team games mass agt spam wont secure the flanks <edit: or cement the center/edit> too easily anymore, making more room for more advanced tactical position and importance of vector of attack /defense plays, ergo more interesting games :)

it might also give more room in the complex field of balance to bring back the unique TD multi queue dynamic many of us are still missing : an earlier 2nd mcv <3
Last edited by Major Kusanagi Motoko on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.