Auto download of maps?

missing maps can be suto downloaded???????

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Gordon228

Auto download of maps?

Post by Gordon228 »

here is my question. if you join a game and you do not have the map will it be auto downloaded? if not then i think thats a feature you guys need to implament.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

You can auto-download it from the resource site.
Look for a "Install map" button below the preview.

Gordon228

Post by Gordon228 »

thats not what i mean. if i join a game and i do not have the map it should auto download so i can play not have me looking at the repo just so i can play a game.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Autodownload would be nice, but the install works fine as well. If it works! Quite often the software keeps searcing, but never finds. Manually installing (by downloading it from resource.openra.net works fine, but takes time.

When the playtest is out I'll try to make a map-pack with commonly played maps so you can easily abtain most maps.

By the way: will the playtest change mapmaking or will it have other effects on map? I did read something about different gemmines?

zinc

Re: Auto download of maps?

Post by zinc »

Gordon228 wrote: here is my question. if you join a game and you do not have the map will it be auto downloaded? if not then i think thats a feature you guys need to implament.
I think you should have to say whether you want to download something or not.

The system in place now only takes a second anyway. (When it's working correctly.)