Greenlight OpenRa?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Carl Hamilton

Greenlight OpenRa?

Post by Carl Hamilton »

Can we get OpenRa greenlit for steam?

It would really increase the amount of people playing it I think, I love this game, but it's a shame it's so under advertised, i can only pressure so many of my friends to get it ^_^

jaymanxyz2

Post by jaymanxyz2 »

This has already been discussed quite a bit in OpenRA's history, like in this thread from way back in 2012. I agree that Steam Greenlight just doesn't seem like it's worth the endeavor, that is if it were even possible or practical in the first place.

Carl Hamilton

Post by Carl Hamilton »

Well then it was 3 years ago then :P I feel like people of my generation atleast would be really happy about getting to know OpenRa, but no everyone are modders and know of moddb or things like that.

These days more than 3000 titles have been greenlit for steam, and it really does change the amount of people who play a game to get it greenlit.

Altenatively we could perhaps discuss other means to promote the knowledge of OpenRa to more people?

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I think they'd be more open to letting their engine be greenlit if there weren't such strict rules tied to it.

Never mind that Greenlight Developer access is still $100. I suppose they might be more inclined to at least check it out if someone else were to pay that amount. ;P

Carl Hamilton

Post by Carl Hamilton »

I would chip in atleasT :P

Cthulhuu

Post by Cthulhuu »

Carl Hamilton wrote: I would chip in atleasT :P

Ill pay 100 bucks no problem.

But i am guessing its more of a legal thing then anything.

We have a great smaller community, which i hope stays alive for years to come.