Why so hard to win the easy mode in C&C ?

Looking for clarification of game mode

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
audi

Why so hard to win the easy mode in C&C ?

Post by audi »

Hi,
I guys I was playing the Command & Conquer in single-player mode. I was playing with GDI team. It was a few 3-5 minutes, the enemy now is attacking with advance warfare already while I, still building the basic needs for the facilities. While playing, I observe and notice about the game that it's hard to win a single-player mode with the easy AI. Your still building the basic needs which most structures takes 1-2 minute building while your enemy is already set for Airstrikes with advance tanks for ground. Is the game really has a wrong AI, Or I was just too slow.

I found this link that could help answer my question but still didn't work.
http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 69&t=14597

I don't know how to win this game unless somebody could give me an advice for strategy.

Matt

Post by Matt »

The AI is not cheating, just producing very effectively (all queues are constantly filled).

audi

Post by audi »

Cmd. Matt wrote: The AI is not cheating, just producing very effectively (all queues are constantly filled).
I was referring about the Tibiruim C&C, and when I played with the GDI team, the AI with easy mode is already building an advance. I'm not saying cheating, I was pointing if the AI was really made for advance even if it's an easy mode. ?

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

just try to play with easy ai. I can't see how strong he is. i even beat him with 6-7 MBT+ Basic Infantry before he have chance to build any tank.

1. Did you build Barracks before refinery?

2. Did you know in open TD you can product each unit per factory separately? [this feature alone enough to make me like OpenTD than OpenRa]

3. 4 Harvester with 2 Ref enough to feed your early army.

4. MBT and Airstrike will unlock for you when you build radar

5. Rocket soldier in this game is really good. [some time it worth to build than tank IMO.

6. Scout for enemy base location.

My build order.
Power-->Barracks-->Refinery-->Factory-->Refinery --> Radar --> Factory --> Tank and infantry spam

with no silo all i need to do is try to spend all money before it reach silo cap.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

There's no real 'throttle' on the AI, the difficulties reflect the usual attack size more than anything (with Easy sending smaller task forces while Hard sends much larger invasions).

They'll generally all produce units and build structures at the same rate, however.

As mentioned, building more than one Barracks/Weapons Factory will help significantly, as each has independent production queues. The AI does this to tremendous effect, which is why it may seem like it's cheating.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

We remove the easy/hard labels from the TD AIs over a year ago, specifically because of this issue. The AI personalities build different unit groups (which can impact their difficulty) but none of them are inherently easier or harder than the others.

audi

Post by audi »

Thanks guys, great advice. Now time to practice more before going to real battles.

Cthulhuu

Post by Cthulhuu »

audi wrote: Thanks guys, great advice. Now time to practice more before going to real battles.

Practice makes perfect.