New version thoughts?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
asi_turk

New version thoughts?

Post by asi_turk »

If anyone has been tried the lastest code in GitHub, they must seen that soviets and allies are diffrent...

First of all there was a new: advenced chronosphere
You can choose from factions: Allies;British (spys and fake buildings);German;USA...

Wrost of all they just can't build same units for example only britihsh can build spy can't build advenced chronosphere, ukrania and some other country can't build mamoth tanks!!

I mean it sucks at this point, you have to choose a country to gain something and to lose somthing...

What is your opinion?

Note:Not very good at english...

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Im not sure what you're on about, people have been making maps with english factions etc. perhaps you just downloaded one of those maps and didnt notice?

asi_turk

Post by asi_turk »

Murto the Ray wrote: Im not sure what you're on about, people have been making maps with english factions etc. perhaps you just downloaded one of those maps and didnt notice?
"If anyone has been tried the lastest code in GitHub, they must seen that soviets and allies are diffrent... "

Step 1:Open your browser, its probally on down there will be a red fox or a colorful ball.
Step 2:Click on da link https://codeload.github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/zip/bleed
Step 3:Unzip the folder or double-clicl on the folder and drag out the ONLY folder in the archive.
Step 4:Open make.cmd and write dependencies then write all
Step 5:Play a skirmish with compiled exe
Step 6:Get an IQ test.
Step 7:Turn off your computer or if you are too lazy just smash your computer with a hammer.

If you have problem with any of this steps, dial 911 and tell them about your problem.

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

All i did was misunderstand the question you were asking and because i have seen a few maps emulate the functions that you are describing i thought that you might have downloaded one by mistake and played it thinking that the newest contributions had changed the game. Sorry if i offended you in some way shape or form.

I have tried your process of creating the exe (up to step 5, that is) and have found the same that you have. But then again, this may not even be integrated into the next release. It seems a bit out of place especially when all the factions are pretty much the same with the exception of 1 or 2 units. In any case more factions just means that there will be a larger number of play-styles to choose from and will perhaps discontinue some "cheap tactics" and probably create some new ones.

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

I implemented countries to solve a couple of polish and gameplay issues.
Until now, there has been a bit of an overlap of unit roles, e.g. MAD Tank and Demo Truck both roughly do the same thing. This solves that by separating them into Russia and Ukraine respectively.
It will also open up new strategies when players of different countries use their abilities to complement the abilities of others.
The original Red Alert game also had countries with their own unique buffs (and Red Alert 2 took this further with unique units).
Also, I don't doubt there will be tweaks to the balance to improve things later.

Everyone else I've talked to has been positive about the new feature.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I like the idea, personally. Better balance/more sensible when it comes to selection a nation, compared to RA95's stuff, such as +10% groundspeed (Ukraine) vs -10% costs (Russia).

YuriMolina

Post by YuriMolina »

Please Scott_NZI want more factions with different special weapons..

bigger nukes, can be called thermonukes etc.

biological weapons
chemical weapons

ALLIES are overpowered with the Artillery and its AntiAir is less expensive & faster to build then russians.

The Time Anomaly could be awesome, after using severals ChronoShift.

Planes with nukes. XD

Thank you Scott_NZ for the changes on factions

Cthulhuu

Post by Cthulhuu »

Well that escalated quickly.