Team mate frustrations

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

Team mate frustrations

Post by zinc »

What are the most annoying things that a team mate can do? Do you ever get frustrated with team mates?

thezoidberg

Post by thezoidberg »

The guy with one ore truck, two power plants, and three non-functioning tesla coils for the entire game. :)

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

The guy who tries playing like it's RA95 all over again. ffffffuuuu-

Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

The guy who refuse to give you a spare mcv to be force-fired on, when you're Allies, your construction yard is lost, your war factory is lost, but you still have a Mechanic to spare...

Seriously, give Hijackers ability to capture husk as well, so at least without an MCV and any other way to produce an MCV, if there's some hijackers there, your ally can give you an MCV (by force firing on them until they became husk, jump a mechanic inside, and voila, a heavily damaged but still working MCV

thezoidberg

Post by thezoidberg »

The guy who doesn't grasp that if you lose, he loses.
The guy who tries to get all the oil derricks for himself.

zinc

Post by zinc »

thezoidberg wrote: The guy who doesn't grasp that if you lose, he loses.

That's annoying when i play the "small divide 2" map. When I play soviets, my build order is probably going to be: power; sub pen; ore refinery; power; ore refinery.

So I'm getting in to the fight early, trying to get naval advantage. Imo, a couple of oil aren't worth taking at the start. That doesn't mean it's OK for your team mate to take them!

zinc

Post by zinc »

It's also annoying when your team mate tries to blame you for the loss, despite the fact that they have hardly built anything...

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

thezoidberg wrote: The guy who doesn't grasp that if you lose, he loses.
tbh ive never been bugged by people who take oil derricks without leaving you any, the longer you leave an oil derrick the more money you lose out on getting:

- teammate finds derrick and offers you it
- during that time the oil derrick profits 3 times
- you - as a team - have lost out on that profit

Therefore you may take all my oil derricks unless i get them first :) and it also doesn't matter if your teammate doesnt use that income effectively because that is probably going to lose you the game no matter who gets the oil derricks.

To add to this the most annoying thing a teammate can do, imo, is to rush all their units in a big all-in that is likely to fail or one that tries to get you to do the same.

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

I'm not letting you take my oil derricks so you can better fund your wall building endeavors. :)

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

zoidyberg wrote: I'm not letting you take my oil derricks so you can better fund your wall building endeavors. :)
LONG LIVE THE GREAT WALL!

YuriMolina

Post by YuriMolina »

small nazis are fighting becuase they lose to finland and american team. lol

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

zinc wrote: It's also annoying when your team mate tries to blame you for the loss, despite the fact that they have hardly built anything...
Oh god, this, the stories I could tell from playing Tiberian Sun back when.. X_x;

Ice and tanks
Me: "You cannot move tanks or an MVC over ice. They'll break the ice and sink through."
*sometime later, cracking and bubble-like sounds are heard*
Me: "..What was that?"
Other: "Shit, my tanks!"

Bridges
Me: "Hey, don't fix that bridge just yet, we have an advantage this way."
Other: "But we can't attack them like this!"
Me: "And they will run out of resources eventually."
*sometime later, enemy tanks out of nowhere*
Other: "Yeah I fixed the bridge cause I wanted to attack them but then I got overrun by their units lol"

Vines
Me: "Hey, don't send vehicles over vines unless you want to lose them."
*sometime later*
Other: "Where did all my vehicles go?"

...and it was usually the same guy, too. I stopped playing with him after a while. He wasn't fun as enemy either- Easy AI is harder to beat.

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

tfw you need a chiropractor after years of carrying the team on your back.
tfw all the noobs hop on your team every-time
tfw you hear the cry's of your teammates because you are only one person and can't do everything.
tfw your teammate steals your 3x3 cell-block for your ore refinery area on the bottom of Haos Ridges and doesn't eat out ore to make room for other teammates' refineries.
tfw Great Oily Divide is the only map in the Map Chooser
tfw your teammate only has one ore refinery
tfw your teammate ragequits when victory is close
tfw your teammate takes 75% of the resources but contributes nothing to the fight.
tfw europeans hate you :/

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I don't hate you, Nukem.

Not yet, anyway.. :P

zinc

Post by zinc »

Some more annoyances of my own:

(1) Team mate decides that they will only concentrate on air. So they don't build any tanks, or troops, or base defence. Just air alone.

(2) Team mate decides to do a stream of nuke trucks, and repeatedly gets you blown up in the process.

(3) Team mate doesn't understand the importance of naval, and refuses to build any.