A thread to Dev's

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Ripsn

A thread to Dev's

Post by Ripsn »

Recently there has been alot of Rage regarding how dev's of OpenRA handle issues and ideas put forward by players and regular #OpenRA users.

So i wanted to start a thread where people could actively show their support and appreciation for the work that developers and contributors do to keep the momentum of openra going (even if it does sometime stall for whatever reason)

Thank you all. =)

i am a regular in #OpenRA so i see first hand the time and effort the everyone puts in.
from the starting point of an idea, the open conversation and debate about the pro's and cons aswell as the best way to implement any change to get the best out of something brilliant that we have ALL made together collectively.

A lot of the active developers take a large chunk of their very limited spare time to work on issues or actively help the new coders coming in to sort through the problems that they cannot figure themselves.

A lot of patience goes into the making of this game
ALOT!

So now i am just ranting.
i wanted to make a comment about certain members that recently kicked up a stink and made some people feel unhappy for very VERY stupid reasons

Personally i don't think there is any place for this sort of attitude in the community and it takes for granted the effort and 'good will' that has gone into making this awesome game and community as awesome as it awesomely is.

There is too much negativity around the community at the moment that i would like to replace with positivity, happiness, appreciation and most of all...Fun!

So Please, Everyone. leave a message for the development team and all of the active contributors to say thanks
Last edited by Ripsn on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abcdefg30

Re: A thread to Dev's

Post by abcdefg30 »

Ripsn wrote: So Please, Everyone. leave a message for the development team and all of the active contributors to say thanks
Thanks to everyone. ;)

I totally agree.

thezoidberg

Post by thezoidberg »

Love the OpenRa thing. They've done a great job :-)

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

Couldnt run the tournaments without you guys either

Pchote: this forum / your forum is essential.
willing to tweak and fix my hideous formatting (no easy task), and keeping everything understandable for everyone.
i probably wouldn't be holding tournaments if it wasn't available for use

Scott_NZ: your ideas and opinions on formats / rules have helped me a crazy amount to keep the tournament fresh and interesting.

chrisf: Creator of Openra and Elobot (which led to our Tournabot)
none of us would have any of this without you and the rest of the co-creators
Legend
A+

ihptru. orabot is awesome 8)
the fact that you are willing to lend it to advertising and such is greatly appreciated.

MicroBit: the reluctant official =P
don't think your effort in drumming up support for the tournament goes unnoticed. the fact you are willing to step in and organize everyone while i am unable to be online helps me out no-end.

hamb: =D
you are just awesome. but you already know that.
casting extraordinaire.
without your channel we would all kinds of spectator-based troubles and many people would miss many of the games played.

Everyone else:
Keep up the good work
i am a fool and have probably forgotten some people that deserve some praise.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Great game.

Thanks very much to all the people involved. Appreciate all the time and effort people have put in to it.

zinc

Post by zinc »

I think of Red Alert etc. as really like a modern more advanced version of chess. (That's more fun.)

I think people can still be playing this game 100-200 years from now maybe.

The work that has been put in to this project, will maybe last a long time

AoAGeneral

Post by AoAGeneral »

Ive discovered some CNC mods and other projects such as CNC gold as keeping to their core values of the game mechanics. But I continue to play OpenRA due to its balancing and advanced customization. While issues tend to pop up there is definitely a way to come about to it.

The post I make however I hope dont come up as negative but more in a positive sense as: Is it possible to do it this way?

My biggest thing is I dont want to unfurl all of my ideas or issues because the devs are as said, already working off on their spare time to develope the mod. Which is much appreciated. Because OpenRA is a well balanced projected even compared to the core game of itself.

Ive even made attempts to help out myself (But to no avail) which just shows the level of patience they have. I suggest to the devs, that you keep doing the project your doing because you enjoy doing it.

For the rest of us, display ideas in a more positive manner rather then the latter. Otherwise, it just looks bad.

Cheers to the Devs.

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

Nice work on getting the new Playtest out. ( https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/releases/ )
all seems stable so far.
There may still be more to come before a new version is released, which is going to make for a great 'New-Look' Openra.

Alot of hard work and teamwork has gone into getting this playtest out, so...
as always..
Thanks Devs & Contributors