D2k not working

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Mig Eater

D2k not working

Post by Mig Eater »

I'm trying to play the D2K mod but when I deploy the MCV it gets stuck during the buildup anim & I'm unable to build anything.

I'm playing Ver. 20140722 on Windows XP.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Can't reproduce.

Mig Eater

Post by Mig Eater »

This is what happens...

I can hover over the buildings in the sidebar and it gives me info on each of them but I'm unable to build any. The AI Conyard looks the same but they also try to build a wind trap but it gets stuck looping the first few frames of the build up.

The Main menu has the same problem BTW with the buildings either invisible or showing a frame from a build up anim.

I've tried all three sides on several maps with the same results. On a few maps there was also a ring of infantry around every starting location, they were unselectable/unmovable, I had to destroy them with the starting units to move my MCV.

There are other graphical errors such as Troopers using gun/missile turrets as their weapon projectile & all units have incorrect firing anims etc.

BTW the TD & RA1 mods are working correctly without any errors.

reaperrr

Post by reaperrr »

This sounds suspiciously like there's something wrong with your installation.

If simply reinstalling doesn't help, try wiping the content folder clean (on Win7, that would be C:\Users\*Username*\Documents\OpenRA\Content\d2k), launch the game and re-download the content when asked.

Mig Eater

Post by Mig Eater »

I had tried uninstalled & reinstalling OpenRA several times without success, deleting the content folder in my documents and redownloading the files worked though.

Might I suggest adding an option to remove the folders in my documents when you uninstalled the main files. TBH I didn't even know there were any files in My Documents, if it had been mentioned somewhere or removed as part of the uninstall then I would have had this fixed this in minutes.

Matt

Post by Matt »

The muzzle flash artifacts on the empty build palette are disturbing. Looks like a problem with your graphics card driver. Although your Operating System has reached End of Life since spring, we may still support it.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

It does indeed sound like the D2K data in your documents folder isn't up to date, or corrupted.

Mig Eater

Post by Mig Eater »

As I said, I manually deleted the D2K content folder in my documents and redownloaded the files which fixed the problem, it's now all working correctly.

Uninstalling OpenRA does not remove these files & the only way to uninstall them is to deleted them yourself. I'd recommend adding an option to remove the files in my documents during the uninstall of the main program (or at least a message about them). It would fix the type of errors I was having, it would also keep things more tidy and not clutter a PC with unnecessary files.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

That sounds like a reasonable request to me. Could you please create an issue for that?

Matt

Post by Matt »

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

That issue seems kinda like an awkward mention. Nobody even replied to Mailaender.

I think I'm going to just reply.