again some ideas for d2k mod

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Joziksx

again some ideas for d2k mod

Post by Joziksx »

Hello,
I love your mod, Dune 2000 is the game from my childhood :)
My ideas:,
1. wall, towers, and concrete should have another queue like in Red alert 2, then i can build my base and rise wall in same time
2. In skrimish IA level to change i loss every game :D
3.Upgrades ! for example "increase tower range" "increase strong of wall" and like in starcraft upgrates armor and dmg units, and harvester speeds this open way to new tactics :)
4. my dreams, units from emperor battle for dune but in d2k style :) now in game have no diffrent between races

sorry for my english :)
bye

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

1. D2K already has an overabundance of build tabs though.

2. The AI enemies don't actually support 'difficulty levels' yet. The different bots just prioritize units differently, and make squads of other sizes.

3. While I don't doubt that an upgrade menu will be made in the future, the OpenRA team just doesn't have the time to make it happen right here and now, or even in the next week.

4. Yeah, no. Concepts might be ported over, but even the simplest sprite job off of the original Emperor models would be complex and time consuming work.

Matt

Post by Matt »

We have support for upgrades since https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/6110 though it is currently not used in any mod.