Infantry in RA mod is way too big

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Devastator

Infantry in RA mod is way too big

Post by Devastator »

The soldiers are too big. I my Opinion they sould be smaller like in tiberian dawn mod.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

Red Alert infantry in OpenRA use the standard RA Windows graphics, which were (crude) upscales by Westwood!

This is what most people are familiar with, so it's stayed as is.

Devastator

Post by Devastator »

They could still change it. I mean they added new Units(Mobile Flak, Sniper). It's not the same like the Origanial RA (that is good because they fixed the balancing). Besides RA on the PSX has small Infantry. I think it wouldn't disturb anyone.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Someone promised to work on it and send us a pull request, but never came back. http://www.openra.net/news/release-2013 ... 1191832558

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I've got all the SHP files for original infantry. Consistency problems arise if included though, thanks to new infantry units such as the Sniper.

Devastator

Post by Devastator »

BaronOfStuff wrote: I've got all the SHP files for original infantry. Consistency problems arise if included though, thanks to new infantry units such as the Sniper.
I don't think it is hard to resize them. The possibilities totay are way bigger than 1996.

Devastator

Post by Devastator »

Can i expect that it will be changed? :?

Phrohdoh

Post by Phrohdoh »

I would not expect that any time soon.
It has been brought up and discussed before and the consensus is that the infantry size is fine.