RA buildorders / tactics?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
kr1egor

RA buildorders / tactics?

Post by kr1egor »

Allies vs Soviet

I am playing allies because I like the harrass potential.
My buildorder:
pp > raf > wf (qeue up 2 harvesters, then LT spam) > pp > radar > helipad x2 (2 hinds) > try to kill their harvesters with the LTs while fending off rocketsquads with the hinds.

then building barracks, spamming rocket troops + infantry (5:1 ratio) and medium tanks.

thoughts?

Hiro

Post by Hiro »

Sounds quite economy heavy. You don't get any attacking units until you have two harvesters? What do you do if the enemy goes PP > Ref > barracks and walks a bunch of rocket troops into your ore field?

kr1egor

Post by kr1egor »

doesnt happen too often :P if they do that they risk slowing down their own economy. can be countered by a few rifles

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

The most "universal" build order is as follows,

pp -> ref -> warf (5-7 ore trucks) -> ref -> radar (powerdown) -> Adv pp (SAM/AA if needed) -> service depot -> Helipad/airfield -> Tech -> (Whatever else)

Basically it depends on what you need on the match your playing. If there is early basewalk then yes, Barracks will be up there first, along with defences, and probably a quick arty/v2 build provided concrete walls or longer distances are involved.

A fast tech build:

pp -> ref -> warf (5-7 ore trucks) -> radar (powerdown) -> adv pp -> Tech -> Nuke/Chrono/Curtain

Getting a nuke around 5 mins is typically pretty fast.

Like I said, all depends on circumstances. And If you are getting rushed quick with infantry, than the enemy is scared of you.