Two ore refinery an advantage at the start of the game?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zinc

Two ore refinery an advantage at the start of the game?

Post by zinc »

Is there an advantage in starting with two ore refinery? Or is it better to build a war factory and then more harvesters?

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Personally, I prefer two ore refineries, as it means two harvesters can dump money at the same time, and your tiberium storage increases..

But to be honest, I think this wholly depends on one's playstyle and own preferences than anything.

psydev

Post by psydev »

In CNC there is arguably an advantage to having 2 ore refineries early in the game, because it builds faster than a Weapons Factory + Harvester, and is cheaper.
You can use a 2nd ore refinery to support early infantry attacks.

(There is an effective maximum of 2-3 harvesters per refinery in CNC, since it takes a while for harvesters to unload, thus making the 2nd refinery more likely to be worth it).

ddd

Post by ddd »

In RA it's better build war factory and build several ore trucks. Then you may want to build 2nd ore refinery.

AoAGeneral

Post by AoAGeneral »

Depends what your opponent is doing. Just make sure you dont stay on one refinery for to long. Otherwise, if aircraft snipe it out your pretty much GG.

kr1egor

Post by kr1egor »

i would say - get some rocket troops alonmg with it to protect against early cheese and its really good.
its the fastest way to get ur eco rollin