Allow call out threads

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
PersianImmortal

Allow call out threads

Post by PersianImmortal »

WoW allowed this back in the day before cross realm pvp and because of this rivalries were formed, friends were made, etc etc. An RTS like Red Alert is essentially the same thing and in the name of competitive spirit call outs must be allowed as long as it doesn't devolve into pure shit posting. Don't turn the community into a hugbox and let people actually have fun.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

I don't have a problem with this in general, but there are places where such call outs are inappropriate. The official thread for tournament results and replays (which I guess this is about) is one of those inappropriate places, and so I removed them.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I don't know if you'd be interested in creating such a thing here, but Zandronum has sub-forum for this sort of thing, and it's used a lot. Main purpose aside, and as an outsider looking in at all the PvP stuff there, the drama which can unfold between the less mature/reasonable players after matches can be quite comical to read at times.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

BaronOfStuff wrote: the drama which can unfold between the less mature/reasonable players after matches can be quite comical to read at times.
Comical is NOT the word I'd use to describe it.

*shudders*