CAMPAIGN MODE PLZ

cannot play singleplayer campaigns

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
atesin

CAMPAIGN MODE PLZ

Post by atesin »

i love this engine ... last weekend played with friends and pizza :)

but some friends never played cnc, and i wished they play campaigns before we meet for other lanparty again

i love cnc, is one the 1st rts games in the world that is militar (not medieval fantasy), you see a tank and think "this unit is heavy armored, ranged and single point damage" or a missile launcher you think "this unit is not so armored, but is ranged and do area damage".. but if you se a wizard or a witch you dont know exactly what it does until you read abilities

i am playing cnc since its release, i played all campaings, but my friends didnt and that put them in some disvantage with me .. i would like if they play campaigns first and know the cnc story .. i also would like to play cnc (or ra or d2k) campaings with this great engine

epice

Post by epice »

The problem is missions have to be programed in C, and not many people can do that, even less have the time.

atesin

Post by atesin »

yeah maybe .. but i think if in the original cnc they works, someone had to have programmed before

maybe there must be a (any)way to 'read' original campaigns and include it in openra :) .. i think it should be much easier than write it entirely in c from scratch

ddd

Post by ddd »

Actually Scott is already working on lua integration for missons + future campaigns.