TS actually happening, balance changes?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
AgentAAA

Post by AgentAAA »

@Xondak personally, I think it'd be a little too much of a change from regular TS
As far as my thoughts on balance:
-Either buff rocket infantry or a different unit so that titans have a proper counter in the NOD arsenal
-Do something to make the disk throwers a little stronger. They're rather below-code at the moment.
-The Devil's tongue is indeed a big problem with the game for the reasons listed above.
-Maybe add the RA style of engineer, or, well, something. One thing that'd help a lot with making early APC rushes less effective is a "natural" concrete around the construction yard, for instance. But, really, do it however it's effective.
-Jump jets do definitely need some form of buff. It's hard to spam my favorite infantry when they're not viable troops :(

psydev

Post by psydev »

I don't see why we shouldn't make the game start with the default combat values of TS. The starting point is going to be arbitrary in any case, and the actual effectiveness will be different since we are on a different engine (with different accuracy, etc. as already mentioned). Once the game is ready for play, people can start beta testing and they will quickly see what needs changing. Making any changes beforehand is likely to be guesswork.

With that said, I think there will probably end up being lots of changes.

I don't think that buffing the hover MLRS (before beta-testing) against infantry makes sense, because this overlaps with the job of the juggernaut. The MLRS is supposed to be about quick hit-and-run attacks, not overwhelming power against everything. Personally I'd rather see it be good vs. vehicles than infantry.

I too think that the jumpjet infantry should be useful for something other than scouting.

Matt

Post by Matt »

I recently added 4 spawn points to the blank TS map and we have all units set up so you can already start playing the mod against each other. However it is otherwise far from ready for release. You have been warned.

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

Cmd. Matt wrote: I recently added 4 spawn points to the blank TS map and we have all units set up so you can already start playing the mod against each other. However it is otherwise far from ready for release. You have been warned.
Where to download?

Matt

Post by Matt »

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

I downloaded it, but there is no .exe to launch anything. How do i get it to run?

Matt

Post by Matt »

I worked on https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Compiling recently which tries to explain it. Probably still not very easy to understand.

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

I think we can work on getting TS working as is first. Then once that's good tweaking the balance as needed and modernizing it.