Ore mines should not be destructable.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Should ore mines be destructable?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 15

epice

Ore mines should not be destructable.

Post by epice »

Soviet players can use demo trucks to destroy enemy mines all day long, this is totally unacceptable. This should not be and will only serve to make already long games go even longer as players will have even less ways to collect money late-game.

Not to mention in a allies V soviet battle soviets have a HUGE advantage with the ability to destroy their enemies ore mines any time they please while allies have to wait 9 minutes and then waste their nuke to take out one mine.

Now that artillery wont shoot into shroud at enemies demo trucks will be a lot more effective and taking out ore fields which are for the most part left undefended will be extremely easy.

All I can see is games going on for hours because each team ends up with 1 ore mine left.

klaas

Post by klaas »

I do not think this is a problem, if anything, the Soviets are too weak in the endgame.

epice

Post by epice »

Not now that mines are detectable and destroyable they arent.

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

klaas wrote: I do not think this is a problem, if anything, the Soviets are too weak in the endgame.
Yep sovs are pretty much a joke late game. atleast this gives a soviet player some what of a chance. Besides defending against the new slow as fuck demo truck shouldn't be a problem

Scott_NZ

Post by Scott_NZ »

epicelite wrote: Not now that mines are detectable and destroyable they arent.
"mines are detectable and destroyable" refers to mines of the explosive variety, not ore mines. Ore mines are also destructible at the moment, but this is a bug.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Though trees and (ore!) mines are only destructible by splash damage as they are non-targetable which makes this glitch not too serious.

Matt

Post by Matt »