Discussion about the game and its default mods.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1
Do what CNC did and make a build radius around the construction yard. If you want to build beyond the radius, you have to move the construction yard. It doesn't stop basewalking but just makes it sane. It makes it so that you can fight back against it by destroying his construction yard/mcv. He also can't expand indefinitely away from his base across the map without bringing an mcv with him.
This is a great idea. Leave the rubble for like a few minutes and basewalk-attacks will become much easier to deal with. Basewalk-attacks cost lots of time and money and will be discouraged knowing it can come to a quick halt. Also a good compromise between the pro- and anti-basewalkers.
And rubble looks cool.
And rubble looks cool.
Not for good. A few minutes would suffice.BaronOfStuff wrote: ↑And if you're attacked, and have to rebuild half of your own base?
You can't, because rubble. Have fun watching the next wave stomp all over your shit for good.
Well maybe you shouldn't have let them attack you in the first place then?BaronOfStuff wrote: ↑I think you've missed my point...
Those few minutes that are spent waiting for debris to clear in your own base would also give your enemy enough time to gain a significant advantage for their next attack.
A few MINUTES? No, I think something like 20 seconds would be good.
Maybe witin a certain radius around your ConYard buildings wont leave debris?
Well then lets fix this before the next stable release!
Here are my proposed rules for this:
1) Build radius around construction yard
- Within a friendly build radius, buildings can be placed further apart. (6 cells?)
- When building outside of a friendly build radius, buildings can only be 1 cell apart.
- Cannot build inside of enemy's build radius at all. (If you want to build in their base, destroy their construction yard)
- When your build radius overlaps an enemies, both of you can only place buildings 1 cell apart within the overlapping area.
- Debris will dissipate after a short time. (20-30 seconds)?
- Debris from your buildings will dissipate much quicker when inside of your build radius (1-5 seconds?)
- Debris will not be removable via building placement within an 'overlapping enemies radius' area, both players must wait till the dissipate normally.
- You can place buildings over debris within your build radius, removing the debris.