Ok so just bare with me here as I explain my idea: Drawing.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

klaas wrote: I like the flare Idea. Maybe if a spy can deploy a single flare. I don't think it would change gameplay at all, and would also not be particullary usefull, but cool nontheless.
Could we have game option? Allow all units to start flare? Or allow drawing on map?

Or should only spy and engies be able to use flare? Could it be a think you could drop from a spy plane anywhere on the map?

What is easiest to implement?

Azako

Post by Azako »

BaronOfStuff wrote: While having a "scribble all over the map" tool is a nice idea in theory...
Azako wrote: How about just a plain signal like in AoE II? Like xanax said the game's very intensive.
...OpenRA is too fast (in terms of decision-making) for any time spent drawing all over the place to be really worth it. AoEII style 'map signals' would be a far better alternative. Perhaps with a checkbox option in the lobby that they can only be usable with a powered Radar Dome? ("Map markers require Radar", or something like that).
Making signals with Radar Dome would be the best alternative. And a game option in the server lobby to allow this.
But anyhow, flares would give spies more visibility (I haven't seen spies at all in online games) and they would be more efficient. But how this should work? Flare would work like a spy plane but with lesser radius? Should it be activated manually or automatically when spy dies? "I'm dying, gotta send a flare to warn others!" Ideas?

zypres1

Epic, more like old times games, like North and South

Post by zypres1 »

Hmm..

In radar you could be able to buy flare? and then you hear the pings like subs pings, and get a point on the radar.

Spy: spys could drop flare or ignite flare if you press deploy. You will also be able to move with it, and the flare is with your color. If 4 or five players attack with spys with flares in front, that would be epic....

Undeploy removes flare...

The animation also worked well with medic standing on the spot where flare is dropped. Try it... But it would be more logical with engineer or mechanic...

This could be easy done I guess. But should weels also be able? Planes? chopper? Chinook could need some more use....
Attachments
spydrop
spydrop
SPY.jpg (5.22 KiB) Viewed 2471 times