Fake Structures

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Surrealistik

Fake Structures

Post by Surrealistik »

Love the idea of these things; might add a modern twist by allowing the players to upgrade em and make them real at an additional cost (if they have adequate prerequisites) as per the GLA.

Engineers and Spies would identify the building as false upon infiltration, and come back out after a delay.

Obviously you shouldn't be able to build off of them like most defensive structures.

It might be necessary to make them available to both sides, seeing as decoy Construction Yards and such would be a huge advantage during late game bog downs where nukes and chronoshifts are generally used to break down stalemates.

Limits might also be imposed to prevent spamming; the # of fakes available would be represented by a number over the icon/avatar (only 2-3 per real structure allowed at a time).

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

You are aware you don't have to make a new thread for every single idea you get, right? There's such a thing as the EDIT button. The Search function is also very useful!

Also, OpenRA doesn't really have that many active developers, and the few we DO have are quite busy as it is. You're of course welcome to chip in by contributing to the github project.

Lastly, fake structures are currently implemented on a very basic level, but disabled.

Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

I'm aware of the edit button, thank you. I separate out different ideas so there's no confusion, cross talk and crowding.

If the forum was more active, yes I probably would collate them out of necessity.