Spy Infiltration Effects

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Surrealistik

Spy Infiltration Effects

Post by Surrealistik »

I'm sure a couple of these are already in the works:
  • Power Plants: Power outage for X seconds.
  • Any production facility (Construction Yard, War Factory, Barracks, Airfield, etc): Auto-cancels and pauses all further construction progress for the type of unit the infiltrated facility makes for X seconds.
  • Radar Dome: The owner of the Dome shares vision with you (one way) for X seconds and has his shroud/fog reset. Radar is disabled for the infiltrated player during this time.
  • Missile Silo/Super Weapon: Nuke/Super Weapon progress reset and paused for X seconds.
  • Defensive Structure (Turret, Tesla Cannon, Gap Generator, etc...): Infiltrated structure is hijacked, attacking or otherwise working against its owner and allies for a brief period of time. Units in a pillbox are assassinated.
  • Tech Center: If infiltrating a Soviet tech center you can build the Iron Curtain. Otherwise you disable the enemy's GPS Satellite for X seconds or reset and pause its progress for X seconds if it hasn't yet launched. All units and structures with the Tech Center as a prerequisite are cancelled and can't be built for X seconds.
Last edited by Surrealistik on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Surrealistik wrote: [list[*]Tech Center: If infiltrating a Soviet tech center you can build the Iron Curtain. Otherwise you disable the enemy's GPS Satellite for X seconds or pause its progress for X seconds if it hasn't yet launched.
[/list]
For infiltrating TC's, I really would mind going down the RA2 route (as much as I dislike so many aspects of the game) and allowing construction of special units from Barracks and War Factory. What units? Erm, new ones.

Haven't thought that through yet though.

Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

Creation of new units just to accommodate such a niche occurrence though is not a good return on investment. It'd be nice if it were included, and I'd certainly love to see it happen, but I'm not sure such a thing makes sense as a priority.