Introduce Repair Queuing Behaviour/AI

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Surrealistik

Introduce Repair Queuing Behaviour/AI

Post by Surrealistik »

It's annoying as hell to have to micro each individual unit onto the Repair Depot. You should be able to simply select a group of vehicles, and instruct them all to get repaired. Each of them would then queue up around the Depot, waiting their turn to be repaired, leaving the Depot after being fixed while the next takes its place in sequence.

After being repaired, aircraft would fly back to their field/pad unless otherwise instructed.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

You do realise that this already happens, right? You can set the Service Depot's rally point to avoid cluttering your base.

As for aircraft though, this is something of an issue. Perhaps if Airfields repaired aircraft automatically (of course costing the same as it would to repair them at a Depot), such a problem could be avoided. It's rare that aircraft make it back to base after being shot at anyway (especially if it's by an AA Gun), so this auto-repair would hardly put a dent in anyone's economy.

Surrealistik

Post by Surrealistik »

Really? If so the behaviour must have glitched out. I'll try again later today to confirm what you're saying.

That said, yeah, it is a royal PITA to repair aircraft. I agree that the pads/strips should do repairs. Perhaps they could have a repair state that's toggled on and off (default off).
Last edited by Surrealistik on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

Rally point pathing is horrible though - if there's ANYTHING inbetween the building and the rally point, units just stop there.

psydev

Post by psydev »

IIRC, when I played CNC mod, it seemed the units could only enter from the top-left, to enter the repair bay. This could cause a traffic jam.

It would be nice if helis could easily land on the repair bay, repair, and take off again to make room for the next vehicle. This would be a necessary feature if we want to make "Classic" mods that stay true to behavior from the original games.