[Suggestion] I think Migs are too easily destroyed.

With a cost of $2000 I think they are too easily destroyed.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Do you think Migs are too easily destroyed?

No
75%
Yes
No votes
Yes: I think they should be cheaper.
No votes
Yes: I think they should only need to fire a single missle.
13%
Yes: I think they should need to use less than 5 missles.
No votes
Yes: I think they should be faster.
No votes
Yes: I think they should be able to withstand more damage.
13%

Total votes: 8

Joe#

[Suggestion] I think Migs are too easily destroyed.

Post by Joe# »

Hi,

I'm a new OpenRA player who has played and owned all the C&C games except RA3 and C&C 4.

I would like to use Migs to attack enemy buildings but I think they are too expensive and easily destroyed to be worth the risk of using.

I personally think Migs should fire a single missile at their target and then immediately return to their base because I think they currently spend too much time circling their target and giving their enemies time to respond to their attacks by moving their anti-air units into position to defend targets which had little/no anti air defence when the Migs fired their first missile.

freak

Post by freak »

What we need more is to have "attack everything"-mode to airplanes. So they could attack automaticly to enemy unit when they circle over it.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

The devs and testers went over MiG units dozens of times before getting them as they are now.

If they're being destroyed too easily too often, then quite frankly you're using them wrong. They're for precision strikes on specific units/structures, such as Ore Trucks in the field or poorly-guarded Tech Centers, etc; they are NOT supposed to be used like base-fucking Flying Fortresses that you can use all the time to win without doing anything else.

One aircraft that is pitifully feeble considering the lack of control is the Badger, but that's another story and another complaint.
freak wrote: What we need more is to have "attack everything"-mode to airplanes. So they could attack automaticly to enemy unit when they circle over it.
If so, it should certainly be optional. I don't want my MiG firing a salvo of rockets on wandering Rifle Infantry and returning to base to reload when I might want to use it only seconds after.

bunny

Post by bunny »

please.. dont change migs.. they are good as they are.they are used for hit and run, if you can micro them well they are godlike, justs like yaks

Matt

Post by Matt »

freak wrote: What we need more is to have "attack everything"-mode to airplanes. So they could attack automaticly to enemy unit when they circle over it.
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/2035

epice

Post by epice »

I think they should unload their payload a lot faster, instead of making 5 passes and taking forever.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

epicelite wrote: I think they should unload their payload a lot faster, instead of making 5 passes and taking forever.
Nope. They were vastly overpowered before this change.

Matt

Post by Matt »

You can micro-manage them in a way to even shoot down enemy AA while keeping in safe distance. If you get in range, one SAM missile will kill them. It's quite a thrill to me :)

bellator

Post by bellator »

Migs are fine, its the AA guns that are OP.