Why no FAKE buildings for allies?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
epice

Why no FAKE buildings for allies?

Post by epice »

Just not implemented yet or what?

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

Yes, why :?
Someone can say is underrated, but fakes can be useful in original RA multiplayer games.

Example: 5-6 enemy migs can destroy a const yard, so fake building can help in this and other situations.

Matt

Post by Matt »

They are implemented, but not buildable.

freak

Post by freak »

You should make them buildable same time when you make possible to have multiple nuclear missiles.
Now it does not make difference if you have one nuclear silo or hundred nuclear silo. I think it could be ok to have multiple nukes, if an opponent have possibility to build fake bases to mislead nuclear missiles.
In case there is option to have many nuclear missiles, cost of one silo should be lot higher than now.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

One thing I'd like to see changed regarding any and all fake structures is their HP, even if it means increasing the cost somewhat.

RA95's default Fake Structures were largely useless even when seriously employed as decoys, as they exploded after the weakest of attacks. I'm not suggesting that fakes should be just as durable as the real thing (far from it), but disintegrating after one burst from a Rifle Infantry? They should at least be able to take some punishment, to lure an aggressor into further thinking it's the real thing for a few (potentially vital) seconds more.