Crashes on OSX 10.6.3

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
jay

Crashes on OSX 10.6.3

Post by jay »

Im running the latest version of OSX OpenRA - ive downloaded the MONO framework, but when I run OPENRA it starts, grey screen, then shuts down

No Crash log, it doesnt get as far as creating anything folderwise in Application Support

Does anyone know how to fix?
Thanks, Jay

misterblix

Post by misterblix »

I have same problem on 10.6.8. Feel like I've tried everything – running latest version of mono framework, latest version of OpenRA. I've tried earlier versions and I've even tried running the PC version on Crossover with no success.

The only thing I have left to try is to buy Windows and run in bootcamp, but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Been gagging to play this ever since I heard about it several months ago, would LOVE to solve this if anyone has any suggestions!!

Cheers

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Are you using the playtest version? There was a 32/64bit problem in earlier releases.

misterblix

Post by misterblix »

AWESOME. Can confirm that latest playtest works fine. Sure I tried it before but perhaps I didn't wait long enough for the loading screen...

Thank you!

misterblix

Post by misterblix »

Ah, looks like I spoke too soon. The game crashes after about 10 minutes of play, every time. Damn!

Ideas anyone?

misterblix

Post by misterblix »

No worries, looks like I wasn't using latest playtest – opened an earlier one by mistake. All good now!