WHERE ARE THE NOD'S MLRS,SSM,APC AND COMMANDO?

OPENRA C&C MOD

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Hector

WHERE ARE THE NOD'S MLRS,SSM,APC AND COMMANDO?

Post by Hector »

I'VE PLAYED C&C SINCE 1996 AND REALLY LOYAL TO THIS GAME.HERE ARE MY SUGGESTIONS:
FIRST,WISH TO SEE THE NOD'S CLASSIC SSM(BIG ROCKET LAUNCHER),caz it's really so COOLLLL!!!!
MAYBE ADDING THEM IS TRUELY A GOOD IDEA!!!!!HOPE ADD THEM SOON...
A LITTLE PROBLEM I FOUND IS BUILDING A $1500 HELIPAD DOESN'T GIVE A HELICOPTER...
AND THE HELICOPTERS' AI SEEM NEEDS TO IMPROVE CAZ THEY WON'T RETURN TO THEIR PADS AFTER THEY ARE OUT OF AMMO.

AFTER ALL,I WILL KEEP ON SUPPORTING!!OPENRA IS SO GREAT!

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Do this. Now.

Nod doesn't get the MLRS (they never did in campaigns), the SSML is being worked on, only GDI get the APC (which is now armed with an AA weapon), and commandos aren't in yet either for reasons of balance, or you're not building the correct pre-requisites to train them.

The Helipad cost should be tweaked, yes, but last time I checked the helicopters themselves can re-arm in mid-flight now.

Hector

Post by Hector »

BaronOfStuff wrote: Image
Do this. Now.

Nod doesn't get the MLRS (they never did in campaigns), the SSML is being worked on, only GDI get the APC (which is now armed with an AA weapon), and commandos aren't in yet either for reasons of balance, or you're not building the correct pre-requisites to train them.

The Helipad cost should be tweaked, yes, but last time I checked the helicopters themselves can re-arm in mid-flight now.
So sorry for the capslock,man.I'm not English mother-languaged that I couldn't speak well,and not used to English entering.
In westwood version,I remember that Nod has the MLRS,APC,SSML and commandos in multiplayers games(MLRS and APC perhaps needs a captured GDI factory),and AI can build all unit(even build a NOD vehicle from a captured GDI factory)in campaigns.It may not be so balanced in original version.So how about adding a classic version mode for fun?
And one more serious problem:It seems cannot use a captured construction yard to build most buildings.But it may build when it has just been captured.I will test more.

HOPING TO SEE SSML SOON! ^_^

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

AFAIK, the reason for captured tech not working as it did in the original is down to how tech-trees are currently implemented; it's not the structures themselves that determine which units can be built, but instead completely down to the player's chosen faction.

Nod got all that other stuff in MP games in the original in an attempt to re-balance a tech-tree that was designed primarily for the campaign. As such, stuff was all over the place and various units had to be 'borrowed' from GDI to make up for some horrendous gaps.

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Commando requires barracks + your side's superweapon building (temple or advanced comm center)

Hector

Post by Hector »

BaronOfStuff wrote: AFAIK, the reason for captured tech not working as it did in the original is down to how tech-trees are currently implemented; it's not the structures themselves that determine which units can be built, but instead completely down to the player's chosen faction.
In original version,we see if I'm NOD and I captured a GDI construction yard,I can develop all the GDI's tech-tree,so we should be able to build all the GDI unit include the super weapon.Is this the same as in current version openRA C&C?
I see we may change some for balance,as a result that we lost some experience of original element.Which side will we go then,balance or original?or maybe a new balance between each?

Hector

Post by Hector »

chrisf wrote: Commando requires barracks + your side's superweapon building (temple or advanced comm center)
Commando surely requires them.The problem is Nod doesn't have commando for the reason of balance.I'm really desirous to using NOD's SSML.

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

agreed, NOD must own SSML :D

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Captured tech ought to work in C&C. It doesn't work in RA.

Hector

Post by Hector »

riderr3 wrote: agreed, NOD must own SSML :D
Can't wait to use it~ :D

Hector

Post by Hector »

chrisf wrote: Captured tech ought to work in C&C. It doesn't work in RA.
Last time I played it does't work in C&C.I'll test it more to confirm.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Hector wrote: Last time I played it does't work in C&C.I'll test it more to confirm.
You have to select the correct production line. Each production building has independent queues:

Acquiring enemy tech only works if you capture the structures though; for example, as GDI, using a captured Nod ConYard to build an Airstrip will not give you access to Nod vehicles, but instead will deliver the usual GDI vehicles instead.

DraLUSAD

Post by DraLUSAD »

I dont like the Idea of "Planes" Re-Arming in the Air, they need to return back to Helipads

Hector

Post by Hector »

DraLUSAD wrote: I dont like the Idea of "Planes" Re-Arming in the Air, they need to return back to Helipads
Agreed!But I really feel that the traditional return-arming seems the air force too expensive and too weak,as original C&C came into a tank-war.