dates on builds/dune2000

pleaseaddthem

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Sprog

dates on builds/dune2000

Post by Sprog »

sorryif im missing some spaces in this, the laptop im using has abad keyboard. but can you please add some dateson the build files? when i came to the openra website for the first time i thought the game wasnt updated since 2007.

and my second idea is to add dune 2000 to the mods. i love this game and it wont run on anything later than windows 95 (justlike RA and C&C) and if you could point me to some modding guides i can try and do it myself.
yum, carebear soup

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Our version numbers *are* dates. yyyymmdd.

rb10c

Post by rb10c »

As chrisf said, the playtests are dated, so playtest 20110904 is 2011, 4th of september (ISO 8601 international standard of dating, favoured by computers and asian culture).

As for dune working here; not impossible, but requires some dedicated time, which i can't blame the dev team for not doing, as the RA itself is far from perfect thus far (but not unplayable, mind!).

I've played C&C and RA on vista; on TFD, and RA standalone on XP (and mac lol), so it has worked on later than 95. Maybe you suffered from a series of unfortunate hardware errors, parsed off as software incompatibilities.

Just to elaborate what chrisf said, and add my knowledge onto the subject.

Sprog

Post by Sprog »

rb10c wrote: As chrisf said, the playtests are dated, so playtest 20110904 is 2011, 4th of september (ISO 8601 international standard of dating, favoured by computers and asian culture).

As for dune working here; not impossible, but requires some dedicated time, which i can't blame the dev team for not doing, as the RA itself is far from perfect thus far (but not unplayable, mind!).

I've played C&C and RA on vista; on TFD, and RA standalone on XP (and mac lol), so it has worked on later than 95. Maybe you suffered from a series of unfortunate hardware errors, parsed off as software incompatibilities.

Just to elaborate what chrisf said, and add my knowledge onto the subject.
it wasnt a hardware error because it said that a dll wasnt being loaded right in the C&C directory. and are there any modding guides so i can take a crack at trying to make dune?
yum, carebear soup

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

We'd like to add Dune 2000 support, but there's a lot of work involved.

Sprog

Post by Sprog »

chrisf wrote: We'd like to add Dune 2000 support, but there's a lot of work involved.
i understand that, that's why im asking for a modding guide
yum, carebear soup

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

Yeah, Dune 2000 is great RTS too :D

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Come talk to us on IRC (#openra) and we'll sort you out with what you need to know.