Game crashes immediately upon opening

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
jp0094

Game crashes immediately upon opening

Post by jp0094 »

is this fixable?

System.InvalidOperationException: GL Error: 1282
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice.CheckGlError()
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.Shader..ctor(GraphicsDevice dev, String type)
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice.CreateShader(String name)
at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer..ctor()
at OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)
at OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)

riderr3

Re: Game crashes immediately upon opening

Post by riderr3 »

jp0094 wrote: is this fixable?

System.InvalidOperationException: GL Error: 1282
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice.CheckGlError()
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.Shader..ctor(GraphicsDevice dev, String type)
at OpenRA.Renderer.Glsl.GraphicsDevice.CreateShader(String name)
at OpenRA.Graphics.Renderer..ctor()
at OpenRA.Game.Initialize(Arguments args)
at OpenRA.Program.Run(String[] args)
at OpenRA.Program.Main(String[] args)
may be videocard is not supporting? try to use cg renderer

jp0094

Post by jp0094 »

vid card works fine, it just doesnt seem to be supported by the game. Playing on a laptop with a relatively weak GPU, so maybe that is why

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

i had this problem on somecomputers that i installed this on. it worked fin with the latest stable release on most pcs but a couple crashed the second the game opened and anoethr one had real dodgy graphics glitches where the screen would flash white (i dont know if this is an openra thing cause it happend to me (on a diff computer) when i was playing spring. our work around was to try the latest "unstable" release. fixed our problems but we couldent use any maps i had converted as they made it crash.

also it may be crashing (depending on where it crashed) caues you are trying to host a game with a map the clients do not have.

hope this helped

jp0094

Post by jp0094 »

knivesron wrote: i had this problem on somecomputers that i installed this on. it worked fin with the latest stable release on most pcs but a couple crashed the second the game opened and anoethr one had real dodgy graphics glitches where the screen would flash white (i dont know if this is an openra thing cause it happend to me (on a diff computer) when i was playing spring. our work around was to try the latest "unstable" release. fixed our problems but we couldent use any maps i had converted as they made it crash.

also it may be crashing (depending on where it crashed) caues you are trying to host a game with a map the clients do not have.

hope this helped
thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, it just crashes immediately and I get a windows error. I'll mess around with some of the other versions to see if I can get it working. I'm not optimistic.

This is what it looks like and it happens almost immediately after clicking the icon.

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

yep thats exactly what was happenenig for me to. you can try a complete reinstall if you want. delete/uninstall openra from program files and delet the shit it puts in my documents to.

ive had a problem that i cannot fix it happen on my mates hp lap top and also a compact (stupid brands get a asus) where the game starts and closes in a fraction of a second. perhaps this could be due to a graphics card driver error of some kind.

Sprog

Post by Sprog »

same problem with my parent's older laptop. it has a pentium processor with built in graphics, which i found out arent supported from the error logs.

please allow older machines to run even if they arent supported. her graphics can run rise of nations on high settings, so i dont understand why it wouldnt be able to handle this.

jp0094

Post by jp0094 »

got it to work with the cgrender command

e.g. "C:\Program Files\OpenRA\OpenRA.Game.exe" Graphics.Renderer=Cg"