A couple of Issues With OpenRa

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Wad67

A couple of Issues With OpenRa

Post by Wad67 »

Is it possible to change the AI teams?
For example a 4 Vs 4 map does not work with AIs mindlessly killing Eachother .

Another Problem I am experiencing is the Oprenra editor Does not work, I have tried all compatibility modes, I am currently running windows Vista.

riderr3

Re: A couple of Issues With OpenRa

Post by riderr3 »

Wad67 wrote: Is it possible to change the AI teams?
For example a 4 Vs 4 map does not work with AIs mindlessly killing Eachother .
AI in Openra is surely dumb.

and there are 2 main issues:
1) project is not very optimized (its overheat my laptop many more than original RA even with openGL mode)
2) AI need serious improvement

almost all other things in OpenRA is great :)

btw, I cant see any openra updates now, may be AI improvement in next version, I dont know.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

The AI has been improved, and will support teams in C&C in the next release.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

My only real gripe with OpenRA so far are the over-aggressive units constantly ruining any sort of defensive formation (or indeed any position) I put them. It becomes a royal pain in the ass having to babysit things all the time, stopping them from chasing an Ore Truck/Harvester across the map.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

BaronOfStuff wrote: My only real gripe with OpenRA so far are the over-aggressive units constantly ruining any sort of defensive formation (or indeed any position) I put them. It becomes a royal pain in the ass having to babysit things all the time, stopping them from chasing an Ore Truck/Harvester across the map.
We plan on fixing this in the release-after-next, when we implement our orders panel. You will be able to toggle units between aggressive/passive/guard.

FreakNigh

Post by FreakNigh »

Is it possible to make it so if they decide to attack something without being ordered then they will only chase the target a certain distance before returning to the original position.