complie problem

I want to complie the project on VS 2005

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
fanrongqi

complie problem

Post by fanrongqi »

I don't want to install a VS 2008 .how can I complie this project on a VS 2005?could some one help me ?or we can support more complier .thanks.

enginuity

Post by enginuity »

I don't think it will be possible to compile the project in VS 2005... There are new features in VS 2008 (or, C# 3.0) that are used often in the code: lambda expressions, var, and probably lots more stuff (just from what I've seen).

I think VS 2005 compiles using an earlier version of C# which does not have these features so there's no way to run the code unless you go and edit out all of these things in the code (which occur basically everywhere, so this is impossible).

Unless there was a way in VS 2005 to edit the version of C# that it is compiling, I think you don't have a choice but to use VS 2008, or perhaps other compilers that are at least compiling C# 3.0.

I may be wrong, but I think this is correct.

beedee

Post by beedee »

enginuity is right, it isn't possible to compile OpenRA on anything earlier than VS2008. However you can download Visual Studio Express from Microsoft for free which is perfectly functional or if you are a student, it may be possible to get a copy of the full version through your university.

fanrongqi

Post by fanrongqi »

thanks .I download a VS 2008 now.