My bug list/inequalities

Split from my greetings post

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
rb10c

My bug list/inequalities

Post by rb10c »

Hi, I thought I was going a little OT on my original thread, so i'll change it here, as it is with the default mods.

Firstly; units are awful against tanks. 40 infantry barely stand against a tank. Grenadiers don't seem to be any better, even though they are packing explosives. Rocketeers, obviously are better. Flamers were effective, but again, in large numbers. Shock troopers are good, but their range is appalling. Tanya is absolutely fine.

Units coming out of barracks- they come out in their normal 5, but then all go into the same spot afterwards, on top of each other. This is Tanya prey, but great for testing.

Multi-barracks/ War factory- not implemented as of yet. in the TD mod, you had a tab for each, no such thing for RA. I'd like the same for super weapons. If I have 3 missile silos, I want to launch 3 missiles, or speed up missile production by threefold.

Planes- HUGE bug. I had 6 yaks, and they all seemed to be shot down by a flak cannon. but, they didn't go down. They continued their flightpath with no health to the airport, and sat there. foreber. They could be selected, but could not be moved in any way. they regenerated ammo, but nothing else. I continued to sell the airports, and they just sat prettily on the ground. I could even build under them! Units and tanks could walk over it too.

Any unit can get promotions. I got a MCV to star rank, built it, unbuilt it, and it was gone. Countless of my ore trucks accidentally got promotions too.

The nuke-in-a-box is a bit cruel. I opened one at the start with my MCV. :sad:

Missile subs are far too overpowered. they are like cruisers, but underwater. that perk is unfair.

Engineers come out of every building. This is bad, but very realistic.

All units freeze in their shooting positions, if you press S. Turrets do not respond to pressing S.

Technicians do no damage whatsoever.

Thats all for now. I'll do tanks later.

William the Conqueror

Post by William the Conqueror »

Thanks, funny how I posted my list just yesterday.

rb10c

Post by rb10c »

Strangely,I thought I met a limit to my topics, so thats why I copied and pasted this, not for kel, or to bump up my post count. Admins may delete this topic if they feel it is remotely like spam, or any variant of canned meat. If this topic is good, I'll post my bugs here.

@William- I started my list shortly before yourself. it was after you wrote your list that I thought to post it into the general section, as opposed to 3rd party modders.

beedee

Post by beedee »

I'm sorry but reporting bugs here is useless to us. The only way they're going to get fixed is if you make a bug report in the bug tracker.

rb10c

Post by rb10c »

Apologies for my ignorance, but how do I use a bug tracker on mac?
Would the bug tracker work on bugs that do not affect game play?

beedee

Post by beedee »

http://bugs.open-ra.org

It's all there in the FAQ

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

We appreciate feedback in any form, but as beedee points out, the best way to get specific problems fixed is to create a ticket for them in the bugtracker :)

The bugtracker has different fields when you create a ticket for bug reports and feature requests, as well as letting you say what part of the game it applies to. Don't worry too much about these fields - we read every ticket and reclassify them as necessary.