error on running

can't find mod.html

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Andrew

error on running

Post by Andrew »

Have installed the OpenRA successfully with CnC and Red Alert Mods on Windows 7 Core i3 laptop. However on running, I get the following error.

Script error: cannot find file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/OpenRA/mods/cnc/mod.html

The file is in the relevant directory, so not sure why it isn't working.

Can anyone suggest something to try?

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

There are many problems with the launcher, and it will be removed in the next version of the game (all of its functionality has been moved into the game itself).

The simplest solution is to bypass the launcher and run the game directly. Assuming that you only want to play the ra mod for now, and that you don't need custom graphics settings, you execute OpenRA.Game.exe in the OpenRA program files directory directly.

If you want to play the cnc mod, you will need to create a shortcut and add an argument `Game.Mods=cnc' (without quotes). If your graphics card causes crashes, you may need to set the fallback renderer by adding another argument `Graphics.Renderer=Cg'.

Andrew

Thanks - however still doesn't work

Post by Andrew »

Thanks, however OpenRa.Game.ex brings up an error when running on my Intel core i3 HPG62 laptop with 4gb ram and running windows 7.

This program has stopped working...

beedee

Post by beedee »

Please refer to our FAQ on what to do about crashes: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 81&t=14842

Andrew

System.InvalidOperationException: GL Error: 1282

Post by Andrew »

Thanks

The first line of the exception log says System.InvalidOperationException: GL Error: 1282