Making a donation

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Jarzka

Making a donation

Post by Jarzka »

Is it possible to support the developers with a little paypal donation :)?

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

We appreciate the sentiment, but accepting donations would make our legal situation worse.

FreakNigh

Post by FreakNigh »

I've done some research on the legalities and history of game cloning and to my understanding no one has yet to be actually sued and in the vast majority of cases the original owners just ask the cloners to stop and then they stop. RA1 and CNC1 are not financially supporting EA so you are not stealing from their profits by cloning them. It would be a lose of money for them to even bother paying someone to email you and follow up with the email to see if you will stop cloning the game.

You really should accept donations if you can manage to figure out how to split it amongst the developers. It can be used to pay for servers etc.

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

if you scare to use Ra1 or TD asset to earn donation. feel free to contact me [via my MSN] , i can make all original asset to replace current ra1 graphic for you since i want to make original game base on c&c gameplay style at first place. i got my game you got donation?

[currently i'm too lazy to codding just only art is heavy enough]

FreakNigh

Post by FreakNigh »

They are allowed to accept donations / payments for the use of their server. This would be allowed if they were running the original ra / cnc so how is it different now?

From my understanding the game with a simple graphics replacement does not escape you from copyright infringement anyways.

I just hope the developers don't hold back anything because of copyright, take the remake to the max and accept donations if people offer!

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

may be EA wont be grunt on devs :o0: