Game play suggestions

suggestions for game play

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
ragingirish

Post by ragingirish »

I really like the mine layer. The auto mine feature is very useful. I would like to suggest just one change. It would be nice if your own units would be able to avoid them.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

-Occupacy civilian buildings with your infantry (that can be nice feature)
-Ripple/Wave Efect for Nukes/V2/Artillery

-Allied needs Sonar Pulse (SW)
-Please add infantry grouping system as in classic TD/RA1

-Credits donate to ally (with 15% tax)
-Starting credits 5k - 20k (somebody prefer quick game)
-SuperWeapons On/off button in MP
-1-3 music to OpenRa (yes, you can download scores.mix, but somebody dont know )
-Auto-play music, when you run OpenRa
-Skins for sidebar
-You can add a fire trail, where the plane falls in the ground (for better identify destroyed plane and non-destroyed plane)
-show SW time to other player as in TS/RA2
-Captureable buildings (oil derricks, airstrips, howitzers etc.)
-Use the Desert theater from TD

Sorry for my english :(

beedee

Post by beedee »

I quite like the idea of the shockwave effect. Someone would probably need to write a shader for it though.

Gecko

Post by Gecko »

beedee wrote: I quite like the idea of the shockwave effect. Someone would probably need to write a shader for it though.
I'd love it too, but try to keep it 'optional' (the effect) so that ppl can turn it off incase its 'too heavy' for their pc (remember I'm on a netbook :p)

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

-XP lever bar to MP setup (0 - No XP levels , 1 - Normal , 2 - Fast earning XP)
-Order queuing is awesome feature, but it need path(yellow can be fine) for all orders
-Sharable money/energy with yor ally
-More MP modes
No Bases: Player start only with battle units
Capture the Flag: Main CONYARD have flag, where you must capture and bring back to your CONYARD
Destroy CONYARD: You must destroy enemy CONYARD (You cann't build MCV)
Invasion: From map edge comming AI units in waves
Blood Money: Earning money from destroyed enemy units
Super Power: You can build both SW, but using SW cost money
Deatmeatch: No diplomacy feature
-Battle statistic on end of game.
-I don't see grey smoke for damaged plane. Scale it 2x or change smoke to fire
-Record games

yoshinatsu

Post by yoshinatsu »

Have you guys thought about making an RA2 mod, or is it impossible with the current engine of the game?

I've loved your work so far, and it couldn't be better. You made me relive some of my best gaming moments with the RA mod.
For me, however, RA2 is the peak of the C&C series, and I personally think it can't be topped. Since it was never ported to platforms like OS X and Linux, would it possible to develop an open-source version of it?

secret

Post by secret »

yoshinatsu wrote: Have you guys thought about making an RA2 mod, or is it impossible with the current engine of the game?

I've loved your work so far, and it couldn't be better. You made me relive some of my best gaming moments with the RA mod.
For me, however, RA2 is the peak of the C&C series, and I personally think it can't be topped. Since it was never ported to platforms like OS X and Linux, would it possible to develop an open-source version of it?
It might be possible in the future:TS was released 1-2 years ago; YR might become freeware pretty soon so porting it to OpenRA might be possible, yet there would be issues with the vehicles, since they are not SHP,they are volumetric pixels(voxels).

ragingirish

Post by ragingirish »

In the next version could the allied cruiser have more fire power. Its firepower is worthless as it takes ages for it to destroy anything. It is nearly the worst unit in the entire game next to the spy. Its not very effective even against infantry. please restore it to its once great glory.

beedee

Post by beedee »

yoshinatsu wrote: Have you guys thought about making an RA2 mod, or is it impossible with the current engine of the game?
Completely different rendering technology. Besides, we're more fans of the original games so that's where our focus is.

Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

Hello, here are my proposals:

*Show radius of all defensive structures when you are about to place a new defensive structure. This way you get a good overview of base defense coverage and can make a better decision where to build defenses. Perhaps limit this per building type. So when building AA guns/SAMs, you'd only see the radius of other AA/SAM buildings.
[Done. --chrisf]

*Show unit/building health bar by hovering the mouse over it. This allows you to quickly check the battlefield situation without having to deselect your current selection or having to select anything at all. The health bar disappears immediately after you move your mouse away from the unit/building.
[Done. --chrisf]

*Press a number key (1-9) twice, to center view on selection. For example, you put a group of tanks under ctrl+1. Pressing 1 will select the group and pressing 1 twice will select the group and centre the view on the group.

*Radar jammer as a superpower. Disables one enemy's radar for a certain amount of time.

ragingirish

Post by ragingirish »

Allies longbow needs a bump. It's just a hair weaker than the mig. It takes 2 migs to take out an ore truck or three longbows to kill an ore truck

Lamoot

Post by Lamoot »

Here's another proposal:

In RA2, you had the option to switch between tabs using keyboard shortcuts.
Q was for buildings
W was for defence buildings
E was for infantry
R was for tanks / ships / aircraft

On their own, these shortcuts don't add much value and usefulness to the UI. However, the nice part was when a structure was completed, you'd press Q and it would switch to that tab AND put the structure in your "hand" to place it. This way you avoided having to click the tab, find the building, click on it, move your mouse over the playing field and place the building. Very fast and efficient.

I do realize there might be problems to implement this into OpenRA. First, the shortcuts are already used for other things and there are two more tabs to manage.

Zanman777

Post by Zanman777 »

I'd like to make some suggestions:

1 - Make the damage to a unit depend upon its "cover status". Let me explain: if a soldier is next to a tank, give it an armor bonus.

2 - Make it possible to attach up to 3 soldiers to the back of a vehicle/sandbags/concrete wall - what I mean is make soldiers take cover behind the vehicle, and eventually move with it (tanks, especially). It would add a nice tactical perspective to the game, and it shouldn't be too difficult to write the code for that ;). Also, it would make the usage of medics quite interesting, making them take shelter behind the front lines.

3 - Implement a "Guard" command - one unit will protect another or an area, and engage any unit that compromises that unit/area. Also implement a "Patrol" command.

4 - Give grenades to all soldiers, so that they can kill the crew inside a tank. But only make this crew-murder possible in a sort of "melee-attack", so that the soldiers would need to "touch" the enemy tank, open its door (or whatever its name is) and throw a grenade inside of it.
(I think the Grenadier class could be either tweaked or removed... In real life there is no such thing - a soldier that only carries grenades and eventually has to kill himself or his peeps to eliminate somebody near him. Besides, the game would lose none of its diversity by excluding the Grenadier)

5 - Make it possible to tell your soldiers to prone/stand up (the animation is already there, just need to assign a key to it ;)). An armor bonus could be given to lying soldiers.

6 - Make Rocket soldiers and tanks kill all soldiers around the impact of the missile; to counterbalance this, make them take much more time to reload, have a smaller radius, maybe cost a bit more and move more slowly.

7 - Make "unrealistic kills" impossible. Example: a rifleman destroying a tank with bullets (make them cause 0 damage to tanks).

8 - Maybe this is too much already, but damage could increase when the shooting distance was smaller. Riflemen would kill other riflemen almost instantly when near to each other, etc...

As you can see from my suggestions, I'd like to see a tactical perspective added to the game. This game has great potencial to have some tweaks to make it a great realistic all-around Real time strategy + tactics game.

Cheers! Sorry for the long post ;)

Zanman777

Post by Zanman777 »

oh, and

9 - Make the planes and helicopters have much more bullets, but also take much longer to reload at their base accordingly.

:P

Holy_Master

Post by Holy_Master »

can i suggestion?
1. you should add abilities bar in your interface and use it instead "D" for deploy [or maybe you can keep "D" as shortcut ]

2. plase improvgame interface when player build too many factory that make your factory tab plce out of your interface area. [it doen't curse any problem but it just look very ugly]. maybe you just allow player build multiple building/unit in same time on one factory tab instead. [and i think you should remove build queue from building tab because i think it useless]

sorry for my english