Assholes playing OpenRA

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

deniz1a wrote: What's the unbeatable IC-lock strategy in Tox maps?
In short:
1.) Spam ICs (just as zoidberg mentioned I spammed nukes),
2.) Build warfac at the frontline (assuming you already have 6+ warfacs in the back of your base to speed up production)
3.) Permanently IC the front line warfac (with 8+ ICs you can keep it "locked" indefinitely)
4.) Spam Tanks (Demo trucks also work nicely in that context)

newwe

Post by newwe »

PersianImmortal wrote: [
I'm on his side because this game is self regulating. If someone has a problem with how he plays then they are free to go to another server. If he's intentionally lagging out games on another server then an intelligent host can figure out who is causing the issue and ban them from the next game. Exact same reasons why I oppose the automated color system. If it's an issue tell them to change it or ban them.
I also have always enjoyed playing with people like schef and weeman, despite the fact that people think they're "assholes". They make the game interesting and competitive. Trash talking/ poking fun at people and competition go hand and hand. I play competitive paintball and competitive WoT and i love the trash talking because it's in good fun and as i said comes with competition. Plus if someone is really getting under your skin, you can just ignore them or settle the issue on the field.
And this thread helps with the self-regulation, should we allow the assholes to fuck everyone personally before we take action? Intelligent hosts aren't exactly commonplace, and it's pretty fucking difficult to determine who's lagging in a big game, especially if the player does it selectively.

I don't mind trash talk/competitiveness either, but there's a difference between that and spamming/being an asshole. And this thread isn't about trash talk anyway.

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Schefmonstah wrote:
As for the team killing voiced by squirrel:
I am on a dynamic IP. How you can match that IP to "me" who allegedly uses a "different name"? For the record, I certainly did not team kill players in order to make them join my game...
As I said, I remembered this event ... from like 3 months ago (before I retired due to scholar stuff, I´m back now).

And if I want to go deeper... You are telling us you can go full douche and don´t worry about it because you have Dynamic-IP? You always used it?
Please tell me you have NEVER done this, tell us you have never lagged a game before with a software.

I´m no against competitive stuff and trashtalking... but this things are toxic for our community. It´s like "if you don´t play with me, no one else plays"

zoidyberg

Post by zoidyberg »

Watch the replay posted earlier in this thread. Several players discuss how Schef gives out people's positions after he loses a match, acts selfishly, stacks teams in his favor, and enjoys messing with other players. When accusations of lagging games and changing his username so other players are tricked into dealing with his antics, it's pretty easy to believe and is a problem for the OpenRA community.

Am I missing something here?

zinc

Post by zinc »

PersianImmortal wrote:
C'mon Taylor, you're really on Schef's side on this? You're going to make a great defense lawyer.
I'm on his side because this game is self regulating. If someone has a problem with how he plays then they are free to go to another server. If he's intentionally lagging out games on another server then an intelligent host can figure out who is causing the issue and ban them from the next game. Exact same reasons why I oppose the automated color system. If it's an issue tell them to change it or ban them.
How is that "being on his side"??

You really think it's an overreaction to start a thread on deliberate lagging??

Schefmonstah

Post by Schefmonstah »

squirrel wrote:
Schefmonstah wrote:
As for the team killing voiced by squirrel:
I am on a dynamic IP. How you can match that IP to "me" who allegedly uses a "different name"? For the record, I certainly did not team kill players in order to make them join my game...
And if I want to go deeper... You are telling us you can go full douche and don´t worry about it because you have Dynamic-IP? You always used it?
Wow, ridiculousness level over 9000.

So you are alleging I am using a dynamic IP to troll people in OpenRA?

As if there was not more important things in life ...

In my country, dynamic IPs are the de facto standard. Internet connections are reset once every 24 hours to prevent people from running servers on packages tailored towards the regular consumer.

Anyway, I'm not gonna spend more time to bother with those ludicrous conspiracy theories voiced here.

See you ingame!

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Wow, ridiculousness level over 9000.

So you are alleging I am using a dynamic IP to troll people in OpenRA?

As if there was not more important things in life ...
And this guys, is the reply of the year :D
First you said "I cannot be that guy, I use Dynamic IP" now when you are faced with some questions you try to trick us. I´m not alleging you with something. Just said (myself dixit) "you can go full douche and don´t worry about it because you have Dynamic-IP? You always used it?
Please tell me you have NEVER done this, tell us you have never lagged a game before with a software
."

Never done that? Say it.

We are the community, we aren´t idiots.

GG.

Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

Let's add registration for player accounts, but keep a checkmark that games could be open to "guests" who cannot change their name except a set of numbers taken from his/her IP like guest 232_34_772_8

This way we could get a track of who is who...
OpenRA Nicks :
- Everything with "Blueblood" inside
- Yuelang (when I speak Chinese, literally)

My Ping might be Red... blame distance and my shitty connection due to which country I lived in...