Bob's BAN LIST

I play a lot of the EU "no mines" version. There is a huge number of players who lag so badly it makes the game unplayable. It go so bad that roughly 1 in 3 games (with 6 players) were running at normal speed. As a result I created a ban list. There are three ways to get onto the ban list. 1) You slowed down a game to the point that people companied. 2) You joined a game and disconnected as soon as it started (These seem to be people who were unhappy with their spawn) 3) After dyeing you stayed in the game and deliberately created lag (trolling) Developers. The issue with a lot of lagers seems to be CPU. 5th gen intel and below seems to be guaranteed lag. A) would be it be possible to multithread more. As far as I can tell we are all using only 1 core. B) Create a rule in the code that if you are on a 5th gen or earlier you cant join multiplayer. C) A short term fix would be to display users CPU under their IP and let the hosts manage the issue. It would be great if we could find a solution as it buggers up and otherwise brilliant game.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Vodka84

Bob's BAN LIST

Post by Vodka84 »

I play a lot of the EU "no mines" version. There is a huge number of players who lag so badly it makes the game unplayable. It go so bad that roughly 1 in 3 games (with 6 players) were running at normal speed. As a result I created a ban list. There are three ways to get onto the ban list.

1) You slowed down a game to the point that people companied.
2) You joined a game and disconnected as soon as it started (These seem to be people who were unhappy with their spawn)
3) After dyeing you stayed in the game and deliberately created lag (trolling)

Developers. The issue with a lot of lagers seems to be CPU. 5th gen intel and below seems to be guaranteed lag.
*** EDIT - 5th gen intel notebook CPUs and bellow. desktop I don't know maybe 3/4th gen haven't tested it.

A) would be it be possible to multithread more. As far as I can tell we are all using only 1 core.
B) Create a rule in the code that if you are on a 5th gen or earlier you cant join multiplayer.
C) A short term fix would be to display users CPU under their IP and let the hosts manage the issue.

It would be great if we could find a solution as it buggers up and otherwise brilliant game.

Updated 2021-03-04

[Edit by moderation: Removed IP addresses]
Akaudio
Igorbushko (no lag but cheated talking after death)
Nicson
Blood
Joukov
Kalma
MastaSmithers
Mollmania
TailhatBrek
Last edited by Vodka84 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sleipnir

Re: Bob's BAN LIST

Post by Sleipnir »

The playtest releases should have significant performance improvements compared to the old release-20200503, but it has always been very difficult to get team players to test these builds so we don't have much data on how big the improvement will be for your games.

Vodka84

Post by Vodka84 »

Just need a little service running the background of the servers that sends a report back saying how many units vs how many frames / ticks. Could the hosts get the ability to kick someone once the game has started. I experience probably twice a week a group of 4+ will leave a live game due to lag because one person wont leave when asked.

Punsho

Post by Punsho »

You can kick people as host after the game has started, it was added this release

Major Kusanagi Motoko

Post by Major Kusanagi Motoko »

Sleipnir wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:48 pm
The playtest releases should have significant performance improvements compared to the old release-20200503, but it has always been very difficult to get team players to test these builds so we don't have much data on how big the improvement will be for your games.
confirmed.
The current play test has improved GUI and mouse latency as well as general FPS performance,
i will follow up with precise data soon.

Thank you for improving the performance for older machines.
Major out

Vodka84

Post by Vodka84 »

Punsho wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:00 pm
You can kick people as host after the game has started, it was added this release
How that would be really useful

liwakura

Post by liwakura »

I really dont like this kind of shaming list, but to be honest, i burst out into laughter seeing 'blood' on it.

kimjh

Post by kimjh »

in fact I run Xeon 3rd gen quadcore and game runs fine, without lag - EU No Mines. but I agree that there are people who lag as hell.

melons

Post by melons »

Punsho wrote:
Did this make it through to the final as I don't see this as an option on the new release?

Thanks

Punsho

Post by Punsho »

melons wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:38 pm
Punsho wrote:
Did this make it through to the final as I don't see this as an option on the new release?

Thanks
It was already on last release, you can press the x next to players name

melons

Post by melons »

Punsho wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:01 pm
melons wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:38 pm
Punsho wrote:

Thanks
It was already on last release, you can press the x next to players name
I assume you mean 'specs' as we thought you meant players

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Austinker 217... Austria.. He slows his vpn when he wants.. Halts games hes not winning.. And the N*** spam

KSK_Nico

Post by KSK_Nico »

A quick fix would be to just play on servers that only allow players with OpenRA forum accounts and build up a community of serious players this way.

Austrinker

Post by Austrinker »

Dear zypres1,

first of all im from germany not austria. Second my nick is Austrinker. Third i dont use any vpn shit. I have 1000mbit ftth internet here i do never lag nor pause games. And last i dont N spam. Not once.

So do me a favour and stop writing wrong things here. And if u dont believe me just ask Bob himself. Played several games with him and no complains there.

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Well, could have been someone taking your name (written wrong).. But then again we have to beware of that happening again on that nick, so please (continue to) play with profile, then you should be safe.....Image