Music randomly skips to next track

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
avalach21

Music randomly skips to next track

Post by avalach21 »

Has anyone else had this issue? Sometimes it seems to work fine for a while and then randomly the next game, my music tracks seem to skip ahead at random times. I cant tell if there is some key or some condition that causes it but it happens frequently enough that I've noticed it.

jaZz_KCS

Re: Music randomly skips to next track

Post by jaZz_KCS »

avalach21 wrote: Has anyone else had this issue? Sometimes it seems to work fine for a while and then randomly the next game, my music tracks seem to skip ahead at random times. I cant tell if there is some key or some condition that causes it but it happens frequently enough that I've noticed it.
I indeed have also been noticing this instantly the first time it happened to me. I have to report though that this is not a new thing and actually has been the case (at least for me) since release20170421 at least if not even also in the release before.

Music tracks seem to stop at random point during playback and immediately skip to next track. (albeit I sometimes get the impression that it is at fixed points, will have to look out explicitly the next time playing)
RAGL -->Replay Archive<--

JuiceBox

Post by JuiceBox »

The only skip I notice is when u enter the battle field. It will stop the track that was on in lobby and go to the next track in battle. I counter this by picking the track before the track I want to listen to in lobby :P :?
"I love the smell of JuiceBoxes in the morning"
LT. COL. Bill Kilgore
Apocalypse Now

avalach21

Re: Music randomly skips to next track

Post by avalach21 »

jaZz_KCS wrote:
avalach21 wrote: Has anyone else had this issue? Sometimes it seems to work fine for a while and then randomly the next game, my music tracks seem to skip ahead at random times. I cant tell if there is some key or some condition that causes it but it happens frequently enough that I've noticed it.
I indeed have also been noticing this instantly the first time it happened to me. I have to report though that this is not a new thing and actually has been the case (at least for me) since release20170421 at least if not even also in the release before.

Music tracks seem to stop at random point during playback and immediately skip to next track. (albeit I sometimes get the impression that it is at fixed points, will have to look out explicitly the next time playing)
Yes this is exactly what happens for me, and yes it has been happening since prior to this release. At least back 2 or 3 releases for myself as well. It seems "random" to me but perhaps there's something more to what's causing it. I have no clue though, and it's not like I can watch a replay to replicate it..

JOo

Post by JOo »

pretty sure it happend somewhere around
http://logs.openra.net/?year=2016&month ... 5#18:37:06

[18:36:44] <microbit> pchote : somethings wrong with the sound
[18:36:55] <abcdefg30> ^ can confirm
[18:37:00] <pchote> ffs
[18:37:06] <abcdefg30> it also looks like the "Music changes midair" bug is revived

that was in Release 20161015

it got through all the releases because nobody made a ticket

but we have the ticket "now" (thx jaZz_KCS)
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/13411

avalach21

Post by avalach21 »

JOo wrote: pretty sure it happend somewhere around
http://logs.openra.net/?year=2016&month ... 5#18:37:06

[18:36:44] <microbit> pchote : somethings wrong with the sound
[18:36:55] <abcdefg30> ^ can confirm
[18:37:00] <pchote> ffs
[18:37:06] <abcdefg30> it also looks like the "Music changes midair" bug is revived

that was in Release 20161015

it got through all the releases because nobody made a ticket

but we have the ticket "now" (thx jaZz_KCS)
https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/13411
Awesome! Thanks!