Map : Orion will crash

@AmericanBlunt

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
JOo

Map : Orion will crash

Post by JOo »

@AmericanBlunt

the crash looks like a out-of-sync ... in a normal multiplayer game ... but when you make your own server ... and then start a 2nd openra client and join that server ... you can reproduce this ... giving you different crash results

here the details :

https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/12329

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

What more can I say, I made this map last release and had the same issues in this release. I only modified the sounds by replacing traditional voice with CNC 3 NOD EVA and converted to .aud. Also some animation changes with fire. Not my fault it crashes. Blame OpenRA for not being able to handle basic modifications. It's obviously a problem that needs to be addressed. There's already a ticket for it addressing both these crashes and a Oil Rig bug.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

AmericanBlunt_ wrote: Not my fault it crashes. Blame OpenRA for not being able to handle basic modifications.
It crashes because you have tree actors that extend outside the bounds of the map. Crashing is indeed a problem, but you'll still have rendering glitches even after we fix that. You need to make sure that all actors are completely inside the map cell area (increase the cordon outside the visible bounds if necessary).