What happened...

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
AmericanBlunt_

What happened...

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

to being able to edit a map if it crashes?! I just made a map in dune and forgot that you cant have neutral actors or the map crashes. I cant edit it now because it crashes. before it wasn't like this. What gives?

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

What version are you using? Maps with neutral actors work fine in d2k in both the latest release and playtest for me.

Are you trying to use the old OpenRA.Editor.exe? That was removed a few releases ago now, and will only exist in your game files if you installed on top of an older version.

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

Both latest release and the second to latest playtest. I also set a freeman unit as a creep actor. I already know that in dune 2k you cant set actors as creeps or it crashes. but I was able to go back in to the in-game map editor and delete those units. Now I get a crash on release and playtest. (second to last)

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Boba West wrote: I already know that in dune 2k you cant set actors as creeps or it crashes.
We don't - this is the first that we have heard of this. Can you please elaborate and provide crash logs?

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

logs
Attachments
the logs, the left one is when I tried loading the map i editor. The right is when I tried playing in skirmish.
the logs, the left one is when I tried loading the map i editor. The right is when I tried playing in skirmish.
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 9.15.08 PM.png (320.88 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 9.11.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 9.11.43 PM.png (20.26 KiB) Viewed 5212 times

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

nevermind, works on playtest

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

All of the actor names have changed between the release and playtest as part of our big d2k mod overhaul. Any map you make on the release needs to be upgraded (using the --upgrade-map utility command) before it will work on the playtest. Any maps you make or upgrade for the playtest won't work on the release.