Engineer Setting

Ability to Selecting Intenial or Extenial Engineer Capturing

Discussion about the game and its default mods.

Will we add this feauture

Yes
15%
No
85%

Total votes: 13

MustaphaTR

Engineer Setting

Post by MustaphaTR »

I made it and this is ready for merge but Developers (Mailaender and Paul) did not like my idea. https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/6049

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Gods no, that's horrid. I prefer having my engineers just run inside and be consumed.

Easier to take over buildings, since you just have to spam a bunch of 'em, whereas outside capturing makes them extremely vulnerable.

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

Speedy, at D2k and Ra mod standard setting is extenial capturing at TD intenial capuring. Your vote and opinion are opposite.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I'd like the option, personally.

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

MustaphaTR wrote: Speedy, at D2k and Ra mod standard setting is extenial capturing at TD intenial capuring. Your vote and opinion are opposite.
...Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I misread things.

I apologize for that. My vote should've indeed been yes.. >_<

Part of the problem is that I don't play OpenRA enough, and when I do, I play TD. >_<;

AoAGeneral

Post by AoAGeneral »

I disagree on the external capturing for one main reason:

The second an engineer exits an APC or flight copter you can instantly have them capture a structure without them actualy appearing at all on the field. That is a major problem.

Having them to go into the structure itself then captures is better to prevent insta capture exploits. (And yes you can do that. Simply number your engineers then load em up. Second they come out spam the # key they are and spam right click the structure. Volla. Captured)

Edit: Typos

MustaphaTR

Post by MustaphaTR »

AoAGeneral, i said to Speedy. Standart settings are extenial capturing at D2k and Ra. Why are you giving 'No' to Voting.

Ripsn

Post by Ripsn »

Engineer whoring ruins games. Capture Used tobe instant. Games would be over in 1 minute.
It was changed for a reason. Having it optonal would only ruin multiplayer games when someone enables it to troll. Imagine an asshole doin that 5 games in a row.
Nice thought butits bad.

JOo

Post by JOo »

useless , we had alot of troubles in the past with engineers capturing by enter a building because its simply " too easy" ... aka -> shitty games

i dont like the option for it even when its external on default ... because its just food for the trolls anyway

and nobody likes to switch a server just because the admin changes " 1 simple rule" to make a lolol-game out of it ...
Last edited by JOo on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

AoAGeneral

Post by AoAGeneral »

MustaphaTR wrote: AoAGeneral, i said to Speedy. Standart settings are extenial capturing at D2k and Ra. Why are you giving 'No' to Voting.
Then it would seem that I dont fully understand what your adding as the engineer mechanic is just fine as it is right now.

zinc

Post by zinc »

Why not have an internal capture option, but only when the building is already largely damaged, and the damage can't be done by other engineers? i.e. you can't just send 5 engineers at a building.