Please fix engineers!!!

Please fix engineers!!!

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
bunny

Please fix engineers!!!

Post by bunny »

i was trying somethings against the computer... and i tried out a tactic that i was going to name engineer rush... at first i only thought i could take like low tier buildings... but then i noticed i could take a refinery as easy... and i thought this is op... making the enemy lose his refinery this early? and then i tried another thing... which surprised me even more... i could take the enemys construction yard.... just like that... Start the game build a barrack with a jeep asap load him into the jeep drive him to the enemy base and let him out right beside the construction yard and take over it... and then pack it up and drive away... and you have basicly won... please fix this..

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Hahahahaha...

Yeah, 'fix' a staple of classic C&C. Anything else?

JOo

Post by JOo »

just buy 2 jeeps , 2 rocket troops ... and drive that guys to the enemy base ....

kill the infantery @ base with your jeeps ... and attack the buildings with the rockettroops ...

problem solved :D

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

... Yeah. Let's fix a classic tactic because the AI isn't even remotely done yet.

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

Lol.... Nostalgia wins again

bunny

sowwy

Post by bunny »

Sowwy <_<, i thought there was no way you could counter this untill i found out that the jeep cant drive over sandbags, so i suppose its pretty legit, but um... how do i remove a thread? ;_;

OmegaBolt

Post by OmegaBolt »

Well out of interest is Multi-Engineer possible in OpenRA?

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Nukem wrote: Lol.... Nostalgia wins again
What do you suggest then?

The only change I'd like to see is the 'multi-engineer' feature that RA95 had, included as a lobby option as opposed to completely overwriting the default behaviour. But there should be nothing coded in to explicitly stop anyone trying an Engineer Rush; it's a perfectly legitimate tactic, and if you get stuffed by it... well, tough shit. Sandbags, fences and concrete walls are your friends.

Matt

Post by Matt »