ClassicProductionQueue Strange Phenomenon

While adding a ClassicProductionQueue to a CnC based mod there is a glitch

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Zeruel87

ClassicProductionQueue Strange Phenomenon

Post by Zeruel87 »

Greetings,

iam modding with CnC as a base and not RA.
i recently made a LobbyCheckbox that enables a prerequisite that translates into a Condition.

long story short: i can change the "ProductionQueue" from CnC where you build in each individual Building to the RA Style where you build one Unit at a time and multiple buildings only SpeedsUp the Production Time.

now to the Phenomenon.
When choosing the "ClassicProductionQueue", starting with the "Construction Yard", the Group for Buildings and Defence is not highlighted and clickable like i have no Building to access this Group.
When i Select the "Construction Yard" i get the building Menu.
and Finally, as soon as i build any other building that has a Building Queue and is assigned to a group, Barracks for example, suddenly the Building and Defence Group is highlighted and selectable.

But the Infantry Group? well, its not, until, again, i build any Building that can construct something, same with Vehicle Production and Aircrafts.

Any idea why that is? are the CnC Menus differently Programmed/scripted and is that why that Phenomenon appears?

i just noticed, it does not even matter who builds a Production building, even if the enemy player transforms his MCV to his Construction Yard your missing Group will be highlighted and selectable instantly.
Attachments
cpqphenomenon.png
cpqphenomenon.png (329.11 KiB) Viewed 5960 times
Check out my CnC mod at:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/cameo

Sleipnir

Re: ClassicProductionQueue Strange Phenomenon

Post by Sleipnir »

Zeruel87 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:34 pm
Any idea why that is? are the CnC Menus differently Programmed/scripted and is that why that Phenomenon appears?
Correct. The sidebar logic is different for classic vs per-structure production queues. New code will need to be written to handle a mix.

Zeruel87

Post by Zeruel87 »

Sleipnir wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:41 pm
Zeruel87 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:34 pm
Correct. The sidebar logic is different for classic vs per-structure production queues. New code will need to be written to handle a mix.
i thought so,
but i found a workaround by giving Structures that use ClassicProductionQueues a FreeActor Dummy that has a production queue that kills itself after a minimum Delay of 1.

Code: Select all

CPQDEBUGDUMMY:
	AlwaysVisible:
	Immobile:
	ProductionQueue:
		Type: Debug
		Group: Debug
	KillsSelf:
		RemoveInstead: True
		Delay: 1
Not the most Beautiful solution but it works.

Thanks for the fast answer :)
Check out my CnC mod at:

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

Haven't looked into the details, but this a bit like https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/9056.

Zeruel87

Post by Zeruel87 »

i noticed another problem when doing both queues.
as soon as i put the ClassicProductionQueue traits in the player.yaml
and then i enter a game as Spectator, i cant see what the players are building, except GDI and maybe Nod, it seems as the display of the production is in a "row", starting with the f
third faction lf my mod i dont see any constructions in the Menu when pressing F3.

i guess this is also because of the different logic betwen the queues and/or CnC and RA.

question is, will this be changed/fixed with the next OpenRA release?
i guess not... am i right?
Check out my CnC mod at:

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

That is odd, I just added a ClassicProductionQueue for Building.GDI (Group: Building) to the Player actor in TD and it worked fine. Which version are you using? (I suppose this could already be fixed, since the new spectator UI has the Production tab on F4. ^^)

Zeruel87

Post by Zeruel87 »

abcdefg30 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:06 pm
That is odd, I just added a ClassicProductionQueue for Building.GDI (Group: Building) to the Player actor in TD and it worked fine. Which version are you using? (I suppose this could already be fixed, since the new spectator UI has the Production tab on F4. ^^)
i use the latest release version as a base for my mod.

for GDI it also looks fine, but for Nod the queues you see when you are a spectator are... how do i put that...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mo_Do ... Q1bUtEa_vO
i attatched a image, you see, GDI has 5 small pictures on the first 5 slots vor each queue, and Nod hase their first queue which are buildigns on the 6. slot, defense on slot 7 and so on.
my mod features many factions, such as Allied from RA, this is important because its the 3. faction in the list (GDI is 1. and Nod 2.) and startign with Allied you dont see they build something.
so my guess is they display it in a kind of order thats to large (or wide) for the display.

you can also see in the background that Nod is producing units in its Airstrip as well as the RA factions are producing stuff, but its not displayed for the Spectacor
Check out my CnC mod at:

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

The fact that Nod is horribly offseted already implies to me that something is VERY wrong in the YAML coding there. Although bumping the game to playtest and to the new Observer UI might fix it altogether.

I can even imagine with those weird offsets that the Allied/Soviet queues just run out of the widget.

Zeruel87

Post by Zeruel87 »

Graion Dilach wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 pm
The fact that Nod is horribly offseted already implies to me that something is VERY wrong in the YAML coding there. Although bumping the game to playtest and to the new Observer UI might fix it altogether.

I can even imagine with those weird offsets that the Allied/Soviet queues just run out of the widget.
i am just migrating everything to the new OpenRA release and just testet the new Observer UI does indeed fix it, it is awesome :D
Check out my CnC mod at: