Black screen on startup

I have black screen on startup with cursor stylized in RA.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
fist

Black screen on startup

Post by fist »

Hello to all. I have black screen on startup with cursor stylized in RA. No settings file in document directory, all logs is empty. Directx, netframewor and vcr is installed. Antivirus is off. Open gl 3.1 installed. One person in another topic https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/issues/13479tell that he is just update drivers for graphics card. My graphics controller is intel mobile 45 express, and last driver is at 2010 year, support is over.
Can anyone give me advise, what i can do in this situation ?

All information wich existed after launch.

4 ms LoadMaps
SpriteFonts
14 ms | PrecacheColor common|FreeSans.ttf 10px White
3 ms | PrecacheColor common|FreeSansBold.ttf 10px White
3 ms | PrecacheColor common|FreeSans.ttf 14px White
3 ms | PrecacheColor common|FreeSansBold.ttf 14px White
4 ms | PrecacheColor common|FreeSansBold.ttf 18px White
5 ms | PrecacheColor common|FreeSansBold.ttf 24px White
62 ms --------------------------------------------------

upd.
I tried ra-release-20180307 and now i have sound. No errors in logs. settings file created. I change graphics settings like:

Graphics:
Mode: Windowed
WindowedSize: 640,480

DisableWindowsDPIScaling: True

DisableWindowsRenderThread: True

and anyway i have black screen...
tried to launch latest release and i see that existed settings applied to it, but again black screen. Help me please somebody ?

upd.

information from Opengl viewer
Core features
v1.1 (100 % - 7/7)
v1.2 (100 % - 8/8)
v1.3 (100 % - 9/9)
v1.4 (100 % - 15/15)
v1.5 (100 % - 3/3)
v2.0 (100 % - 10/10)
v2.1 (100 % - 3/3)
v3.0 (73 % - 17/23)
v3.1 (25 % - 2/8)

i cant play this game do I ? :'(

upd.
I try it with mesa3d and it work, but 5 fps, processor do all work. So its really sad. Maybe this information will be usefull for someone...

г

Ronald

Re: Black screen on startup

Post by Ronald »

Last edited by Ronald on Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graion Dilach

Re: Black screen on startup

Post by Graion Dilach »

Ronald, DirectX has nothing to do with this game and IIRC the DirectX renderer was dropped in 2012 or around that date. DirectX is a closed-source limited-to-Microsoft environment which does not worth the maintenance and effort necessary for a separate renderer option when all target systems have openGL rendering (until Apple doesn't start disabling it within Macs, considering they already announced the retirement).

fist, what I can find is that the card never supported OpenGL 3.1. It is from the dreaded GMA line, even if it is among the "better" ones of them, being the GMA4500MHD associated with the GM45 chipset in your case. This system can only support OpenGL 2.1 in name only according to the Wikipedia list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... units#Gen4

However Wildfire Games' own finding confirms that the chipset's OpenGL 2.1 support is shaky and has features omitted:
https://feedback.wildfiregames.com/repo ... t%20Family

The 6.14.10.5420 driver version they reference as the one with the complete function set is for the Windows XP and I doubt it will function for your case. There's nothing to do here, the chip fails the minimum requirements.

(For the record, there is already a patch merged into the followup-after-next-release which bumps OpenGL requirement to 3.0 to axe these trash.)