New RTS Game

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
SniperWolf

New RTS Game

Post by SniperWolf »

Hello everyone ! I am a big fan of C&C and Red Alert and I am thinking about creating a new RTS Game.
Would anyone be interested in ?

eskimo

Re: New RTS Game

Post by eskimo »

I don't see why anyone wouldn't be interested, either a little or a lot. As we're are all mostly looking forward to the new C&C iteration currently in the works. So please do tell and share ;)

SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I need help with 3D modeling and programming. Are they people from the modding community that may be interested to be in the project ? I mean 3D artists or C++ programmers. :)

eskimo

Post by eskimo »

Join the discord and jump into the modding channel. I have no idea myself, but there are quite a few knowledeable people there

WilliamTi

Post by WilliamTi »

Hello all,

My name is Willem. I'm from The Netherlands and I was once a massive C&C junky, though I've been out of the loop for about 10 years. C&C on DOS was my first game. Bought the Commemorative Edition, which also included Dune II. Used to make my own mods for C&C with one of the first weapon editors to come out. Made some maps and missions too, when I figured out how to add more missions to 'The Covert Operations' menu. I have nothing but good memories of this game and recall spending hours playing and/or modding it. Though this was all pre-internet (for me) times. It was all in my own little world. When I grew up I got into C&C Renegade and stuck there for a good few years.

SirCake

Post by SirCake »

Hi SniperWolf,
SniperWolf wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 am
Hello everyone ! I am a big fan of C&C and Red Alert and I am thinking about creating a new RTS Game.
Would anyone be interested in ?
this is a massive undertaking ^^
eskimo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:47 pm
I don't see why anyone wouldn't be interested, either a little or a lot. As we're are all mostly looking forward to the new C&C iteration currently in the works. So please do tell and share ;)
I'd see it the other way. Please answer why anyone would want to help you create content. (I mean you are looking for people who join your effort, right? Not just support in how to do it.). A detailed concept of what your rts will be about and whether its free or commercial would help.
If you are not sure about that yet it might be a good idea to find an already running project and join that! Gather some experience etc.

Also, do you want to use OpenRA? (your question about C++ suggests you don't want to. OpenRa uses c#)

From my experience most people here want to do realize their own ideas and are hard to motivate to work to realize someone elses ideas ;).
However they are very supportive and will answer your questions (on discord).

GamesBx11102

Post by GamesBx11102 »

I think the world is totally ready for another golden age of strategy games. Plenty of us like to play with our minds, not just our reflexes.

Matt

Post by Matt »

I just made a new standalone mod to find out:

red is OpenRA and purple is OpenHV itch.io stats.